Chapter 3

The next day, as prescribed by Elizabeth, I went to the doctor. He gave me a diagnosis that made me think a lot. Now I'm going home and do not know what to do. It ruins my whole plan of yesterday.
First time speech I believe with Liz, which will hopefully help me. Finally I am at home. The route to the Collins seemed somehow harder than usual. Quietly I open the door and hope that nobody notices me. I close the door from the inside and-
"Hello Julia." Oh God Barnabas! What should I do now? I turn around slowly and look at him. He stands with his stick on the stairs and looks at me suspiciously.
"Hello Barnabas." Why do I always sound so nervous when I talk to him?
"In what mysterious place were you been?"
"I beg your pardon?" What does the idiot mean?
"Your quiet demeanor has just told me that you did not want to be discovered and now I've discovered you and you're nervous."
"I don't know why it would affect you." Although it concerns him more than anyone else.
"Everyone should have their secrets."
"Tss ..." why am I so rude to him? I do not want to be that ...
I leave Barnabas standing there and walk up to Liz's office. I just burst into the room. There Liz sits and looks at me in surprise.
"Julia, is everything okay, how was the doctor, is the baby okay?"
"Nothing is okay." I walk to a small side table and pour myself a glass of whiskey. I can not drink alcohol while I'm pregnant!
I set the glass down again and walk to Elizabeth's desk, sit down on the chair, and begin to sulk.
"What happened? Is something with the baby?" You can say that loud!
"Two." Place out immediately with the info. Super Julia!
"Two?" She asks me confused.
"Two babies, they're twins." Why do I always have to be so direct? "Tw-twins - two babies?" Elizabeth is apparently shocked and does not remember what to say, as she is suddenly completely silent.
"Yes, Liz, you know, I can not even take care of myself and now I have to care for two more people, I can not do that on my own Liz, why does it always have to happen to me?" The tears should stop falling! Why am I crying again ?!
"Psst Julia, I know it's a bit much for you and I also know that two Collins are more exhausting than five normal babies."
"Would you be mad if I kept you up a little bit longer?"
"No, no, I'm glad you're staying here. It's only-" she breaks off in a sentence and looks thoughtfully out of the window.
"What?" I ask her. She quickly turns her head to me and looks at me again.
"It does not matter, forget it."
"Liz, if you need my help, then-"
"No, I'll take care of the two Collins."
"If you say that." I leave the office and go to my room. Once there, I take a small picture from my pocket. It is an ultrasound picture of the babies. The doctor gave it to me during which he congratulated me.
I quickly put it away without spending a long time looking into my dessert. Then I go to sleep. I am tired.
~to be Continued~