Chapter 12

Julias sight:

"Yes! I can't wait to have a family with you and marry you, Julia." I couldn't believe what Barnabas had just said!

"What?" Marry? A family? It's too fast for me. Why would he even want to marry?

"What is?" Barnabas asks me anxiously, as if he had not said anything wrong.

"You said you want to marry me." I say then and look at him with eyes wide open. He can't be serious, right?

"Yes, and what's your problem?" That can't be serious! What does this vampire think ?!

"My problem? You want to know what my problem is?" I ask stunned.

"Yes, please." As if Barnabas didn't understand, or want to understand.

"I won't marry." I say immediately and see how Barnabas became more serious.

"Why don't you marry? It would be best! Besides, our child would have a family, we would be connected forever." What didn't he understand by the words 'I won't marry' ?!

"That's not what I want, not yet, it's too fast for me, so I'm not going to marry! We're not in the 18th century, where raising a child without a marriage was inappropriate. I won't marry." I hope he finally understood that! I do not want to marry, that would be wrong, I know that.

"But I want to get married, and you will marry, I just want to start from the beginning." Please, Can we finish the topic?

"It's not about you, I think it's just too early, we hardly know each other, it's just too fast and we do not love each other." I didn't want to say that now. Was not meant like that. I mean, I love him, but not so much that I want to marry him. He's my dream man, but I don't want to be more than a couple for the first time.

"We don't love each other?" He asks, and I see how hurt he is. What am I doing?

"No, I didn't mean it that way, Barnabas, listen to me."

"- You said we don't love each other, why are we still here, what's the point?"

"No, Barnabas, I-"

"I think I should go, that would be best."

"Please, Barnabas-"

"You don't have to say anything anymore, you've already done enough." He said then and turned his back on me.

"That wouldn't have happened if you had not started talking about marrying." I don't want him to leave! I love him! Immediately he turns around and walks up to me very quickly. There was only a small gap between us when he stopped in front of me and looked at me with his dark eyes. Only this time I see no compassion in these wonderful eyes.

"You are blaming me?" He asks me. Immediately I decide not to answer the question. "No. Julia Mary Hoffman, if you had not seduced me then, that mistake wouldn't have happened." He's pointing with his finger on my stomach. Then he stormed out of my room and left me alone and hurt. I sit exhausted on my bed and soft tears run down my cheeks. I just don't want to marry ... Why doesn't he understand that?

Barnabas sight:

I storm out of the room angrily and closed the door behind me. I think I've never been so angry in my life before. Why the hell wouldn't she marry? It would be best and I don't accept any other way. I quickly go to my room and slammed. Actually, I always liked that Julia isn't like the other women, but in that case I would prefer Victoria or Josette. They would marry me immediately, without a fight. But now I have a problem with Julia, who has a very different opinion.

What am I supposed to do now? Why does everything have to be so complicated? At that moment, someone is knocking at the door of my room. If that is Julia, then I will slam the door immediately. But it isn't Julia. Elizabeth is the one standing in front of my door.

"What do you want?" I ask her. I'm still a little angry because of Julia.

"I just wanted to ask if everything was alright because I heard you and Julia screaming." Says Elizabeth. I can't help but roll my eyes.

"No, it's not okay, but that doesn't concern you." I say and want to close the door again when Elizabeth stops me.

"If Julia isn't feeling well, then it's my business. You have to support her,  Barnabas, not starting a fight."

~No one's sight ~

"I tried to support her, but she refused." Barnabas still says something angry. After this statement, Elizabeth raises an eyebrow. If he really tried, he wouldn't have argued with Julia.

"How did you want to support her?" Elizabeth is very curious, what Barnabas said to Julia.

"I suggested we marry, but she didn't want to and then-"

"Wait." Liz interrupts him. "You asked if she wanted to marry you?" She asks  immediately.

"No, not really asked, I decided it."

"No wonder Julia is so outraged." Elizabeth, holding her hands to her forehead.

"Why?" Ask Barnabas, who understands Liz's reaction just as much as Julia's.

"Listen to me, Barnabas. Julia and you are officially 24 hours a couple and now you're forcing her to marry you. I understand Julia very well. Even though Julia is pregnant, you don't have to marry her right away. Even though it is hard for you to accept that." Barnabas looks at Liz and it seems he finally understands. Now he gets a bad conscience towards Julia. He's feeling terrible.

"You're right, I'll go over there and talk to her, thanks." With that, Barnabas walks out of the room and down the corridor until he stands in front of Julia's room. He knocks politely, but he gets no answer.

"Julia?" He asks through the door. Still no answer. Then he opens slowly the door and get in the room where Julia used to be. But now it is empty. "Julia?" He asks again. Still no answer. He searches the whole room, but finds nothing but a letter. Barnabas opens it

Hey Liz,
I am with my parents for a while. Everything here is too much for me. Do not worry the twins and I will be safe. Please do not tell Barnabas about it.

~ Julia

When Barnabas read these lines, his heart stops. Twins? There are two babies? Julia is gone? Was he supposed to do that now ?!

~To be continued

After a long time, finally a new Chapter!
I hope you liked it, leave a comment and a vote❤🙌🏼🙃

Thanks for reading it!
Bye💋