Chapter 22

The Yurk stood over Boone and lifted his Tomahawk overhead; he brought the blade downward-

Jostice spun the knife in his hand and caught the handle; he swung with upward momentum; steel and stone clashed and sparks zipped in the air. The Yurk turned towards the man and took a step back., crouching.

"Mek'u'!" He heckled,

Jostice spat, "ya, and you're ugly."

The Yurk lunged forward; Jostice kneeled bracing for impact. The blades cut the air, clashing, and sparking. Jostice tilted back, lifting his right leg; he extended pushing the Yurk backwards.

"Get them the hell out of here!" Jostice told Boone

He shook his head, "I can't leave Rynan..."

"For the regimens sake, Kid. You're going to get yourself killed-"

The Yurk spun, swinging the blade at knee level. Jostice stepped back, the Yurk found air. He then stopped, kneeled and sprung upward; the blades locked.

Jostice muscles tightened fighting the young Yurks weight. He brought his face forward, noses inches apart. The Yurk smiled, exposing golden-black teeth. "Keku!" Suddenly Jostice head whipped forward; forehead cracked into nose; the Yurk stumbled backwards and groaned wiping the blood pouring from his nostrils.

"Enough of this..." Jostice reached downward withdrawing his revolver. He twirled and turned the barrel forward-

From behind him, Grotknot's voice rang like a lion; His arm swung back then forward as an axe twirled past Jostice shoulder and buried into flesh. The Yurk grabbed his chest, took a step back and plummeted of the train.

"I had him!"

Grotknot shook his head, "Damn...That was my favorite throwing axe... Didn't see that happening."

"Serves you right taking a man's kill." Jostice spat, sliding his knife back into his sheath.

Lyolis pointed, "more are coming!"

Jostice turned towards the windows; Yurks leapt from their bisons, grabbing onto the train, and vaulting themselves off the wall onto the roof.

The passenger sat silent, heads down, hands over head.

Tonsi said, "They're up there!"

"Looks like four of them," Zoar said. "Give me a weapon...I can help."

Jostice looked the boy up and down. "You can help by getting these kids out of here-"