Smile for me

Marinette stood up out of her chair. The bell had just rung. The kids left as a big group, only two people were left in the room. Marinette and Adrien.

"Adrien, are you okay?" They had agreed that when they were near anyone, they didn't know each other.

The truth was, they had been childhood friends. His mother and her mother were best friends. They did everything together. They even raised their kids together. Up until Emilie disappeared.

"I'm fine. I just need a sec."

"Okay. That's fine. I'm gonna be at home base. When you get there, I expect you to smile for me." He looked at her. Smiling softly.

"I'll be there. And maybe we can arrange some croissants?"

"Of course. " She left him in the classroom. She walked out of the school. Walking towards the Agreste mansion.

Another thing no one knew was that Marinette's parents were dead. Mr. Agreste hired people to act as her parents when her friends went to her house. But she didn't sleep in the house she told everyone was her home. It was too painful. Instead, she stayed in the Agreste mansion. Where she had her own type of family. And where she was in control of many things.

For one, she designed all of the clothes Adrien wore. And, she made desserts as she pleased. She was happy that they allowed her to stay. And stay she would. As long as Adrien smiled for her.

She got to the gates. She pressed the button. Letting Natalie know she was home. Once inside, she went up to her room. It was across from Adrien's room.

She put her things down and walked back downstairs to the kitten. She started on the croissants Adrien had requested. This was the only thing he truly loved. And if it made him happy, she would make him thousands. Just to see him smile.

1 Hr later

The door echoed through the house.

"Marinette? Where are you?"

"In here." She looked to the door. He came running through it.

"Croissants?"

"Yep"  He hugged her from behind.

"You're the best!" Those were the moments she cherished. When it was just the two. When she could pretend her loved her.

There was a crash outside. He let go of her quickly.

"Ummmm I-"

" I have to go." They both said.

"Hey, it's okay Adrien. I'll be upstairs. But, I won't go until you smile for me." And he did. He smiled for her.

There was a battle. A huge one. One where Ladybug was impaled. Where Ladybug couldn't get back up.

"Chat?" She was lying on the floor. Holding her abdomen.

"M'lady. You're going to be okay. It's okay." He tried to run to her but the villain grabbed him. And Chat Noir made a decision. A decision that would change everything.

"Cataclysm." He touched the akumatized man. The man crumbled. And there was no Akuma to be purified.

Chat Noir ran to his lady. He held her. Her earrings beeped.

"I won't look. I promise. Just stay stay with me." His ring flashed for the last time. There was a crowd gathering.

His transformation wore off.

There was a gasp from the crowd. Two people came up from the crowd. Alya and Nino ran to him. But stopped when Ladybug's earrings flashed.

Marinette looked up at Adrien. She reached up to him. Her eyes losing their color.

"Adrien, I love you."

"I love you too Marinette. I should have told you before."

"Shhhhhh. It's okay. Adrien?"

"Yes?"

"Smile for me." And her eyes closed. And her arm went limp. And he couldn't smile for her.

Alya ran to her friend. But Adrien held on to her for dear life. And he cried. And he cried for her.

And he wouldn't be able to smile for her.

0000000000000000000000000

-Happily Ever After
Or
-Hide and Seek