As always

Marinette walked down the long hallway. As always, was bright and dark at the same time. She was used to it. She walked down it every morning.

She reached the door. Took a shaky breath. Tying to steady her heart. It happened every morning. She knocked on the door. As always.

"Hey Adrien. It's time to get up. Gabriel is going to get mad if you're late."

She heard shuffling. It was faint but she knew what it meant.

"I'm up. I'll be down in a bit."

"Okay. I'll be waiting in the dining room."

She placed her hand on the door. Slowly leaning her head down. Imagining what it would feel like to wake up next to him.

Like when they were kids and Adrien would have a nightmare that ended in someone dying

Like when they were kids and Adrien would have a nightmare that ended in someone dying. He would always ended up in Marinette's room. And they slept together.

Yes. Marinette lived in the Agreste mansion. She had since birth when Sabine decided she didn't want the child that her and Tom had. Then Tom decided he wouldn't be fit to be a father.

Of course, Tom visited once a week. But she preferred to live with Gabriel and Adrien than Tom and Annalise. Tom's wife.

Thirty minutes later, Adrien walked into the dining room. He sat down and ate his breakfast.

Marinette sketched their next outfits for their next photo shoots.

Yes, Marinette designed and modeled her own clothes. But her face was never in the picture. Her shoulders were the things closest to her face that she modeled.

"Marinette, Adrien. Gorilla is waiting."

They walked out to the limo. The drive was quiet as always. They stopped behind the school. There, Marinette got off. She didn't like to walk into school with Adrien. She preferred to stay away from the spotlight.

When she got to class the bell had rung. And she was late. As always. She walked to her seat and sat down next to Alya. Behind Adrien. The day was slow. Torturous perhaps. But that was just because he was there. Taunting her. And she couldn't do anything about it.

As soon as school was over, she walked to the back of the school and got in the limo. They had a photo shoot after school today.

Once again, it was quiet. She wanted to say something. But she couldn't. She felt as though her heart was squeezing itself. Hurting itself beyond repair.

They got out of the limo. On time. As always. They walked in and started working.

They were finishing up when the photographer grew unhappy.

"No no no. This is not enough. I don't like it. We need a new model."

"But I tried my best. I'm amazing at everything." She said. Her name was Lila. She was a new model. From Italy.

"Sir" Marinette said, "There's no one else to do it. The designs were made to her body type. They were made to fit her."

"Maybe. But Marinette, they are in your size too." Gabriel walked in. All of the staff bowed their heads. Marinette and Adrien just stood there. Shocked he had never come to a photo shoot before.

"But sir, I don't model above the shoulders. I never have."

"But you will. It is the perfect opportunity to show everyone who Ladybug is."

"But-"

"No Marinette. You will do it. Go change."

"Yes sir."

Marinette was in the dressing room very briefly. Hair, makeup, and the outfit were put on as quickly as possible. The result was breathtaking.

Adrien looked at her. Blushing a bit. He took her hand and they posed. Together. And this time it wasn't as always. Because it had never been done before.

Time went by slowly

Time went by slowly. It was hard modeling next to someone. She wasn't used to it. Once the shoot was over, they walked out into the limo and sat there in silence. As always. Not everything will change.

Time went by. It was weeks later. The photos were finally ready to be published to the world. And Ladybug would be unmasked.

All Marinette wanted was time. So she asked for it. They gave her a month.

It was a normal day. It was indeed Saturday. Marinette woke up, brushed her teeth, changed out of her pajamas, and ate breakfast. Except, there was a weird tone in the mansion. Adrien hadn't shown up for breakfast, Natalie was no where to be seen, and no servant had been seen crying.

Marinette got up. An unsettling feeling in her stomach. Then, the door opened. Revealing Adrien.

"Hey Marinette? Umm. My dad wants to see you."

"Oh um, okay."

They walked to the office. Knocking loudly on the pale door.

"Come in"

They walked in. Adrien closing the door. Marinette smiled softly.

"You wanted to see me sir?"

"Yes. I have received word form your mother. She wants you back."

"What?"

"There is a way for you to get out of it. A very crazy way indeed. But it was something she wasn't counting on."

"What is it?"

"She would allow you to stay where you are if, we'll, if you were married."

"Married! I'm only seventeen!"

"I know. Which is why you don't have to do it. If you leave, it would only be until your eighteenth birthday. Then you would be free."

"No. That is not an option. She left me. She didn't even try to love me. Why should I try to love her? I'll do it. I'll marry some one."

"You will?"

"Yes. But who?"

"I have surveyed all the boys in your class. Nathaniel, and artist, would be a fine choice. Or Luca, I think we can trust him to at the very least act in love with you in public."

"I'll do it. I'll marry Marinette."