Chapter one: The New 'Greenie'.

The New 'Greenie'.
Part 1. (Y/N) POV:
All I could remember was water. Water, threatening to drown me. I could feel it in my mouth, my ears, my nose, my lungs. I could see the bubbles of air escaping my mouth as I screamed. And then the voice showed up. At first it was just a whisper, and I couldn't catch what it was saying. Then it became louder and I make it out to be a women's voice, repeating the same sentence again and again like the voice wanted me to remember.
"WICKED is good,"

****
I woke up to a sound of an alarm ringing in my ears. I slowly sat up, only to find myself surrounded by darkness. Confusion washed over me like a wave. I stood up and wanted to run, far, far away, but I was frozen in place, unable to move. Suddenly everything started to move upwards.
It's an elevator, I thought.
The elevator started to move quicker, and I was thrown right on my back. I didn't move, I just laid there and did nothing, I was to afraid to do anything. Then it hit me like a train.
I didn't remember anything, not even my name.
All of a sudden the elevator stopped. But I didn't do anything, a small part of me had already given up. I just sat up and hugged my knees, squeezing my eyes shut. The ceiling made a loud squeaking noise and I opened my eyes. A line of light appeared, getting bigger and bigger. The light was so strong that I couldn't see my surroundings, and the sudden light made my eyes sting. There was voices, more than one, some of them whispered while others shouted. Someone jumped into the elevator, making the floor shake. I could make out the silhouette of a teenage boy. He was tall and muscular with short brown hair.
"Gally! Who's the new greenie?" ,someone shouted.
"It's- you're - you're a shucking girl." , the boy said surprised.
"A girl?" someone said,
"Is she pretty?" another said.
"Slim it!", someone shouted and everything went quite. He looked at me as if he's never seen a girl before, he mumbled something under his breath and stared at me,
"Come on greenie, let's get you out of this shucking box." He reached out a hand to help me up, I hesitated before I took it. The boy helped me out of this so called box. I took a look around me, and my eyes went wide. Walls. I was surrounded by four big walls trapping me in some sort of square.
"Yeah, take a good look around you!" A voice shouted, I turned around to face the voice, and my heart skipped a beat. About 60 boys, 60 teenage boys and not a single girl.
Where were the girls? What is this place? Why am I here?
Thousands of questions flew around in my head.
Is this some sort of prison? Are we trapped her? What kind of place is this?
"Welcome to the Glade greenie." , a dark skinned boy said, breaking me out of my daze. He looked around 18. I have to say I was scared to death at the moment, the huge walls didn't make it better at all. "Can you tell me anything about yourself, who you are or where you came from?" he said, but I couldn't remember anything. My head felt empty and I had a bad feeling about this place. About the fact that I was the only girl.
"I-I don't remember anything. Why can't I remember anything?" I asked, kind of surprised to hear my own voice.
"It happens to us all. You will get your name back in a day or two. It's the one thing they let us keep."
I didn't say anything, I just stood there in shock, still wondering what kind of  place this was. I could feel everyone's eyes at me, and I have to say it didn't make anything better.
"Everyone back to work!" The boy shouted like he could read my mind. Everyone started to walk away, still looking at me in shock.
"Names Alby greenie." The boy said.
I didn't say anything, because of the memories I had were probably gone.
"Hey! Newt can you come over here." , he said.
A tall dirty blond boy with brown chocolate eyes came over to us.
He walks weird.
"Green bean meet Newt. When I'm not around he's in charge." the blond boy who's name was Newt looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him without saying anything.
"First girl to come up in the box, huh? Must be bloody terrifying.", he said with a deep British accent, I was taken aback for a moment.
"Hey, can you do me a favor and give the greenie the tour, I got something else to do." , Newt nodded. Alby smiled to me before patting my shoulder and walking away.
"Come on greenie, We've got a lot too see before it gets dark."

****
"So like you've probably heard we call this place for the glade and we are the gladers. We live here, we eat here, we work here and we sleep here. The sleeping area is over there,", he says pointing to a big house that looks like it's about to fall.
"We call that building the Homestead. Behind the building is what we call the Slammer. It's basically a small prison for-."
"Why do you need a prison when you're already living in what looks like one?" I burst out sarcastically.
Newt laughs while looking at me.
"For when someone breaks the rules." , he continued.
"What rules? What is this place and why are we here?" I say in a less of a sarcastic tone.
"Well if you will let me bloody finish maybe you will find out?" , he giggled while talking.
He giggles like a little kid.
"Over there is the gardens, and there we have the blood house. We raise the animals over there and later slaughter them for food."
Poor animals.
It made my stomach turn only to think how horrible it had to be in there.
"And that leaves us with the Deadheads. That's just a forest with a, well, small graveyard."
"What? People actually die in here?" I ask. "Yeah, people actually die here, especially when they ask to many questions," he said.
"Just like you're doing right now. So just listen and save the bloody questions for when I'm done talking, got it?" I nod. "Good that. There is another thing. We only have three rules, won't be hard to follow them." He pauses before continuing,
"Do your part, we don't have time for any free loaders. Never hurt another glader, none of this works unless we have trust. And most important, never go beyond those walls."
I didn't ask any more questions, not because I didn't want to, but just because I simply understood the rules. Newt looked at me for a while before saying,
" I think we have to find a more, private, place for you to sleep. Even shower." , I look at him and find a little smirk on his face.
"May I ask questions now?" , I say with a irritated tone.
"Go ahead and ask."
"What's beyond those walls?"
Newt takes a deep breath and sighs.
"It's a maze and it is our only way out of here." I freeze. "How do you know it's the only way out of here? Have people died in there?"
Newt looks at me with a somber expression, but then hides it with a smile. "You know what, save your questions for later tonight." , he gave me a bright smile, but I only returned an annoyed stare , "Come on, let's get you some food."

****
I had been almost a day in the glade. I'd seen the doors out to the maze close, which was extremely odd, and learned that the people who sent us here were apparently called the Creators. Well, the gladers called them the Creators. The sky was dark and I was sitting all alone, doing absolutely nothing, just staring in to the big fire the boys had just made. They were celebrating the fact that a girl had just appeared in the box, but let's just say I wasn't happy at all, and at this moment the only thing that filled my brain was questions, how could it be that hard to find a way out? I mean, it can't be that difficult, Newt told me the gladers had been there for three years now...
"You know, curiosity is a dangerous thing." , oh I knew that accent. Newt. I smiled as he sat down besides me.
"How do you know?" I asked.
"Well every greenie normally does that. They always think or ask to many questions and when they don't get any answer, they do something stupid."
"So you're calling me stupid?" I say, but of course I already knew the answer to that.
"No! I think you might be the bloody smartest one here. You know what, I'll answer all of your questions."
"All of them?"
"Every single one," He looked at me and gave me a friendly smile and I returned the smile, just as friendly.
"Well I want to know why it is so difficult to find a way out of the maze."
"It's easier said the done you know." He then sits up and points his finger and says, "Listen." We listen for a while. Far away, I heard the sounds of stone rubbing against stone. Dragging noises, squeaking and sometimes a click.
"It's the maze. Changing. And as if that isn't enough, the creators decided to have a lot of fun and make it bloody harder for us to get out. There are also monsters in there. We call them Grivers. Well no one has survived to tell us how they look, but they're out there, and that's why the most important rule is to not go beyond those bloody walls. Unless you're a runner."

A/N:
Hello fellow glader and welcome:)
My name is Zeynab (admin papa Min Min). Me and my friend Hanna (admin Mama Newt) has made this fanfiction together in order to ruin people's life, make you cry and enjoy life:))
Hope you like it:))
-Papa Min Min
The fanfic follows the movies, like you guys probably understood, it will have twists and it won't be an exact copy of the movies, which probably isn't surprising, I hope you guys will enjoy the book, fasten your seatbelts, you're going for quite a ride!
-Mama Newt