Chapter two: Eyebrow kid

Eyebrow kid.
Y/N POV:
The woman's voice. It haunted my dreams. Repeating the same sentence. Over and over again.
"WICKED is good."
But then another voice showed up. A voice that felt known, but at the same time it felt like a strangers voice. It was a boy. Definitely. At first it repeated a name. Then the voice became louder and I could point out what it was saying.
My name, the boy was saying my name.
"(y/n) it's going to be okay.
Everything is going to be fine."

****
I woke up to the feeling of getting shook awake. I open my eyes to se a chubby boy with brown curly hair, around twelve or thirteen in age. Okay he was straight up adorable, staring at me with huge puppy eyes.
"Hey, sorry to wake you up. Alby's order.", the boy said with a shy smile.
"I'm Chuck by the way. Do you remember your name? It's okay if you don't, though," he said with a chuckle, I did remember my name, in fact I had just dreamt it.
"(Y/n). My name is (y/n)." I said with a smile.
"That's a pretty name!" Chuck smiled.
I looked around to see that I was in a room. The whole room looked like shit, like some teenage boys had built it, which they probably had.
How did I get here? I don't remember falling asleep here.
"Chuck, how did I get here? I don't remember falling asleep here." I sat up with a grunt.
"Well you fell asleep by the fire and Gally saw you, so he carried you in here. He thought that you shouldn't sleep with the other boys, you know.", he said with an awkward laugh.
Who's Gally? Wait, isn't he the boy who jumped in the box and helped me out? Eyebrow kid?
"Oh, okay."
"We should get going. Breakfast starts in 5 minutes."
I got to my feet, my clothes were still on, thank god, and we started to walk to the kitchens, and I have to say I was relieved, because I was hungry as hell.
When we got out, I realised we'd just been in the homestead. The whole house looked like it would collapse any moment now, parts of the wood was rotten and the gladers had, to be honest, done a poor job on the whole thing.
While we were walking, to the kitchens, people were staring at me, I could feel their eyes on me. It felt pretty uncomfortable to be honest.
Why did the creators send a girl up in the box when there were only boys here. What would I do when I had my monthly visit by Mother Nature? Oh boy how would I explain what was going on?!
I was dragged out of my thoughts by Chucks voice.
"Hey (y/n), were do you want to sit?"
"Oh, you can just chose.", I didn't really care who I sat with, as long as the boys weren't jerks or something. It would be awesome to at least make some friends.
"We can sit with Newt and Minho. They're always welcoming.", he stopped and turned to me.
"Just wanted you to know that Minho is kind of a flirt, he's really nice once you get to know him thought."
"How? Has he tried to flirt with any of the boys?" I say with a little laugh escaping my lips. Chuck laughs loudly while shacking his head.
"No, I just wanted you to know," He says, still laughing.
We stood in a long line and waited for our food. The boy who gave me my food had dark skin, deep brown eyes and dark hair. He smiled at me and introduced himself as Frypan. What an iconic name.
When we got our food, I sat down at a table, Chuck sitting down besides me. "Minho! Newt! Over here!" He called after two boys, Newt smiled and elbowed a buff Korean boy in the ribs. He seemed to complain, but Newt just pointed at us, making him look our way. I smiled and waved at them. They came walking in our direction with food.
At least someone wants to be my friend.
Newt sat right in front of me and the other boy sat in front of Chuck.
"Minho, this is (y/n). She's the new greenie. And I think that you already met Newt." I nod and smile at the boy who's named Minho.
"So you remember your name huh?" Newt says. Once again I nod.
"Well I have to say, (y/n) is a pretty name." Minho says while winking at me.
Oh god, Chuck was right.
"Thank you." I say surprised by his cocky attitude.
"Yeah, it fits you." Newt says smiling. I smiled back as I feel a hot sensation in my cheeks.
"So, today you're going to try some jobs. After trying all of them, you will get chosen by a keeper and you'll stay in the job you're best at." Newt says while taking a bite out of his food.
"Keeper? What's that?"
"Well it's basically the boss over a certain job."
"Oh. What jobs do you guys have?"
"I'm a runner. And not just any runner, I'm the keeper of the runners." Minho says obviously trying to impress me.
"I'm a slopper. And if you're wondering what that is, it's basically a job for someone that sucks at the other shucking jobs. So I have to clean up after everyone else." I felt kind of bad for Chuck, and it made my heart sting.
"It can't be that bad." I said. Chuck looked at me and smiled.
"And what job do you have?" I asked Newt, smiling at him.
"I'm the second in command, remember? And if I have time I usually help in the gardens."
"Oh, that sounds like fun." I say.
"Do you know what job I'm suppose to try today?"
"I think you'll be with Fry today."
"You mean Frypan?"
"No he means my mom," Minho sighted, "Of course he means Frypan you slinthead." Minho says sarcastically.
Slinthead? Shuck? What does these words mean?
I jump a little when i feel someone tap on my shoulder, I turn around to see Alby. "Hey greenie. Time for you to try a job." He says smiling. I've hardly ever seen him smile before so that one's new.
"What job am I trying today?"
"You're trying to be a cook."
"Don't burn everything down you shank." Minho said.
He always has a sarcastic comment hasn't he?
I roll my eyes at him before standing up and following Alby.
"So Frypan is the keeper of the cooks and I'm guessing you'll hang out with him a lot. And I hope you've met him."
"Yeah, he introduced himself when I was getting my food." We kept walking to the kitchen and I see Fry smiling at me.

****
"I don't really think you should be a cook." Frypan said to me, both of us looking at the floor, where soup is spilled, a broken bowl in the middle of it all.
"Why not?" I say in a sarcastic way.
"First of all, this," He pointed at the mess "Second of all, you almost cut your hand off, almost set me on fire, and you ruined the three eggs I gave you. You had one task, girl! You only held the eggs for half a minute! How is that even possible?" He said while both of us laughed our heads of. "Come on lets take you to the Med-jacks. They're kind of the doctors here. And we need to fix your hand."
The injury was not that bad. It was obvious I wouldn't be cook and I have to say I was grateful for that. I completely loved food, but I hated cooking.
Lunch came by and Minho wouldn't stop talking about how happy he was that I wasn't going to be a cook. I was kind of angry, but by now I figured that he was always like this, so after a moment, it didn't bother me.

(Five days later)
I had tried almost every job there was now and I did pretty awful at most of them. There were only two jobs I was pretty good at, and that was a med-jack and a track-hoe. A track-hoe were the people working in the gardens, and I was happy I at least did a good job as a track-hoe. And a med-jack was basically the doctors in the glade.
Today was my last job, a builder. Newt said that a builder is someone who basically builds the stuff around here. Just as simple as that.
The only thing I didn't look forward to was to met Gally. I had seen him sometimes, but I thought it was awkward to met him after he had straight up carried me to the homestead some days ago.
"Are you exited to met Gally?" Alby asked. "Yes I am." I lied.
"Hey, Gally! The greenie is here!" Alby shouted to the tall muscular boy.
He looked kind of terrifying, but who knows, maybe he was nice after all. He started to walk in our direction.
"Hey. You can go now Alby, I'll take care of it from here." Gally said with a slight smile. Alby nodded and walked away. Please don't kill me or anything.
"You got a name green bean?"
"Yeah, (y/n)."
"Well it's nice to meet you (y/n). Hope you won't get yourself hurt, because this is a difficult job you know. As you know builders build the stuff around here. You will probably get hurt, like a lot, but you will get used to it if you're good."
He was nice to me. Minho said he would probably be screaming things every five minutes, but the whole time I was there he was so calm and nice to me. He was yelling at the others tho, the way he talked to them made me feel kind of scared but not that much.
I didn't get hurt, which was kind of surprising, and I built a new couch, and let's just say I was proud of myself.
The time flew by and suddenly, lunch was there. I was surprisingly great at building and I did indeed like it. Who knows, maybe I would become a builder.
I got in line and waited for quite a long time, when it was my turn I saw Frypan smiling at me.
"So, how did it go as a builder? You didn't kill anyone did you?" He says while giggling a little.
"No I didn't kill anyone. But I was pretty good at it! It was actually quite a lot of fun!" I smile and waved goodbye to Fry. I turn around and see Chuck, Minho and Newt sitting on a table. I walk over and sit besides Newt, who sends me a smile before continuing to eat. I had grown a strong bond with these three people the past few days, and they were now my best friends.
"So how did it go with Gally?" Minho asked.
"It actually went really good. Gally was super nice to me and he think I would make a great builder!" I say proudly. Minho spits his water out.
"WHAT? You mean that Mr. Eyebrow Satan was nice to you?"
Everyone looked at me in utter shook. "Yeah. Is that weird?"
"Gally is always moody and grumpy. I think you might have cast a spell on him. Wait, maybe he has the hots for you?!" Minho says. Newt then looks me dead in the eyes.
"You don't have the hots for Gally do you?" He says in a worried voice.
Why is he worried? I don't like Gally and if I did, why would Newt care?
"What? No of course not, I don't like Gally. And no he doesn't have the hots for me, what are you guys thinking?! Besides why do you even care about that?" I can see Newts face go red in the corner of my eyes. Minho smirks before saying,
"Well shanks, I got something important to do. See ya."
And with that Minho and runs of to the deadheads.
"Ehh. Yeah. I have some, um, important stuff to do too. See you later." Newt rushes off as fast as he can.
"Well that wasn't weird at all." Chuck says. We eat the rest of our lunch in silence.
Hours later I went to my room, still thinking why Newt cared so much about me liking Gally. Of course I didn't like Gally, but why did Newt make such a big deal out of it? I was swallowed by darkness the moment I closes my eyes

A/N:
Sorry that the chapters don't contain that much action:/
You have to wait a little before anything 'special' can happens:>