Chapter four: Smells Like Trouble.

Smells Like Trouble.
Y/N POV:
I was laying on my hammock, thinking about stupid reasons to why gally was screaming at me. I didn't do anything, but why was he angry at me? And why did Newt hug me in that mere moment. A mountain of thoughts was keeping me awake. Minho told me that Alby had planned a meeting between me and Gally so we could "solve things out".

I wasn't really hyped to be in the same room as him, but since I had to work with him, I guess I had to solve things out.
I slowly drifted away into the world of darkness.

****
I woke up to the sounds of faint thuds coming from my door. I stood up and opened the wooden door only to se Gally standing there. I felt anger boil inside of me, but I did everything in my power to keep calm. I stared at him, crossing my arms and lifting a brow.
"Come to yell at me again?" I said in an annoyed voice.
"No, actually I've come to apologize. I'm sorry for being such a jerk earlier. I don't know what was wrong with me an-and I," he stopped and took a deep breath.
"I am so sorry for how I yelled at you earlier today. I feel like such a shank."
I looked at him for a while before nodding. "Can we start over again?"
"Only on one condition." I said with a smirk.
"And what's that?"
"What is or was the reason you yelled at me? I didn't do anything wrong, so there must be a reason." 
He looked at me in utter shock, but then he took a deep breath and stared me dead in the eyes.
"Okey, can I at least come in?"
I smiled and said, "Of course."
"I-I- you need to promise to not tell anyone about this, not even Newt."
I thought about it for a second and then nodded.
"Okay, I promise."
"Okay so I was angry at you because."
He took a deep breath and sighed.
"Because I was staring at Fry." He said as fast as he could. My heart stopped. I tried to say something, but I couldn't get a word out. "S-so you?" I manage to get out.
"Yeah, I like Fry. Just please don't tell anyone."
He stood there and turned his gaze to the ground, a small blush appearing on his cheeks.
"Yeah okay. I promise not to tell anyone. Wait. Is this why you're so grumpy all the time?" I asked him.
"No, I guess it's just a part of my personality." "Oh." I said, not even bothering to ask anything else about it.
"You know what?" I began, smirking smugly at him. "I'm going to help you, you know, be your wingman, uh, wingwoman."
He smiled, ran over to me and hugged me. I was taken aback for a moment, but then I hugged him back. He didn't let go so I had to tell him to let go after about three minutes.
We went to find Alby to tell him we had solved thing out, but he said that he had to have a meeting anyway and that this time everyone had to come. Gally and I gave each other a confused look and we both nodded.
****
We stood in line for our food, which meant that we would meet Fry, and when I looked at Gally I could tell that he was excited. At this moment, I couldn't handle the cuteness, and I squealed.
"Okay, okay, just act normal and be yourself, but not your grumpy self, okay?" He nodded. "Yeah sure, I can do this." He muttered back at me.
Minutes passed before it was our turn. Gally was in front of me so he was first. I watched what he did. To be honest, I was just as exited as him. He got his food, and without even smiling he said "thank you" in a flat voice. I could obviously tell he was nervous. Poor thing. He walked away, quickly, but I managed to whisper in his ear. "Watch and learn shank."
He sat down at the nearest table, and stared at me. Fry handed me the plate and I smiled kindly at him and said, "Thank you."
Fry smiled back,
"You're welcome."
And with that I made my way to Gally.
"We'll talk more about it later, you were terrible." I told Gally with a smug smile.
I didn't want Newt to know that me and Gally went from yelling at each other, to suddenly becoming best friends. He would go crazy with questions I couldn't answer. 
I walked over to table were we always sit. I sat beside Newt and we started eating. It was only me and him today, Minho was ,like always, out in the maze. And God knows where Chuck was.
It was awkward to sit in such silence with Newt, so I ate my breakfast as fast as I could, so I could go to work. I finished my food and started to walk away without even saying goodbye. I felt his hand around my wrist
"Where are you going?" I hear him say as I turn around to face him.
"I finished eating, so I'm going to work. Why?"  I say.
"You know it a meeting right? It starts in about five minutes." He says.
I sigh as I sit back on my place, without looking at him.
"Why are you mad at me?" He ask.
Mad? Mad at him? Why the shuck would I be mad at him? It just felt awkward to be around him after some.....scenarios.
"What? I'm not mad at you. I'm just, thinking." I say in a defensive voice.
"Oh, then what are you thinking about?"
"Uh, the, eh, awkward scenarios that happened to us."
He giggles before he looks at me and smiles. Our eyes lock onto each other for a moment before we snap out of it cause of someone shouting 'gathering in five'.
"I, uh, we should go, eh, the gathering is about to start." He says.
I feel warmth rise up in my cheeks as I stand up from the table and start walking over to the Homestead with Newt walking next to me.
We get into the Homestead and find I a place to sit down, but just as I'm about to sit, Alby calls my name.
"(y/n). I want you to sit there."
Alby points at the chair I sat on when they were going to pick me a job.
Why did I have to sit there? Are they going to pick me a new job? Or do I have to sit here because I'm the only girl?
"Slim it!" Alby growls at everyone.
"Things have changed. Nothing much, only that we have gotten a girl. And who know what that means? Maybe we'll get more girls or not, but I have talked some of the keepers and we've decided something." He pauses and looks at me.
"(y/n), we have decided to put you as second in charge along with Newt. We need a girl running around helping and deciding things here. So, what do you say?"
Some people clap while others whistle.
I ponder on it for a minute.
"Okay. I will do it, but as long as it's fine with Newt."
Alby looks at Newt and smirks.
"Yeah, he's fine with that. Oh, and one more thing everyone."
Everything goes quiet. Alby stands in the middle of the room, he gives me a look that says, 'this is about you'.
"There's a new rule. It applies to everyone. Rule number four, don't lay a finger on the girl."
Everyone starts to complain about it. It didn't sound like he had talked about that to anyone. My face was probably beaten red. I look over to Newt and see him smirking.
Was in earth was he smirking?
"Hey Alby! Don't you think she has a saying not this too?" Someone shouts.
"Well yeah. (y/n)? You have anything against this?"
I smile at Alby shaking my head.
"No, I don't."
"Good that. Get back to work now."
I stand up and as I'm about to walk out Alby grabs my arm.
"I just had to go over some things about being the second in charge and all that."
I smile with a nod.
"Of course." I say.
Everyone had left the room so there was only me and Alby.
"It's just some things you need to know in order to keep 'peace'. These stupid shanks will listen to whatever you say, but just know that they can be extremely stupid shanks sometimes."
I laugh and nod.
"Alby?"
"Hm?"
"What's it really your idea to have me help Newt in being second in command?"
He laughs a little and shakes his head.
"No. Believe or not, it was actually Newts idea. He thought everyone would listen to you and what you got to say."
"I figured." I mumble so low that only I could hear it, but yet, Alby did hear it.
"Did he tell you?"
"No, he asked me if I wanted to help. I thought he meant like he wanted to know my opinion and stuff like that, but I guess he was pretty serious about it."
"Yeah, he's mostly serious. Well I think you should get back to work before Gally flips out on you again?"
"Yeah. See ya."
I walk out of the Homestead and on my way to Gally and the others.

(A month later)
Everything was easier now. Especially today. It is simply because today was the day a new greenie would come up the box and I was hope for it to be a girl. I had even woken up early so I could take a shower and freshen up for the new girl.
I was dying for someone to know how I felt and how hard it was to be surrounded by 20 teenage boys.
Ever since I've become the second in command along with Newt, I've been unable to help Gally with his love life, if you could call it that. I haven't seen Minho a lot either. He's been so busy with being a runner and trying to find a way out that I had to bring him his food almost every time or else, he would've starved.
We were eating lunch when the alarm went of. It was the same alarm that woke me up and brought me to this shucking place. I jump a little at the sound. Everyone starts to walk over to where the box is, but I just sit there and stare at it.
"Hey, (y/n)."
I look over my shoulder to see Newt standing there.
"We need to be there first since we're the ones in charge."
I look back at the box and nod. I stand up and start walking with Newt by my side.
"Do you think the new greenie is gonna be a girl?" I ask him.
"I don't know. Maybe." He answers.
I hear the box make some clicking noises until they stop.
Guess the box has arrived. Oh, I hope it is a girl and not another shucking boy.
I squeeze my way through the crowd of boys until I can se the box clear.
I watch as Gally opens the door.
My heart skips a beat, but then I get disappointed.
Ugh. Another boy. Great! Just what I needed!
I break out of my daze as Gally jumps in the box and says something to the boy.
He looked so confused and lost that it actually was sad. Gally helps the lost kid up from the box. He lays on the ground for a second. I take a good look at him, he has brown hair, brown eyes and pale skin. He then suddenly gets up and starts running.
I don't think he saw me.
"HEY, WE GOT A RUNNER!" I hear Zart scream.
The brunette boy runs fast before face planting. Everyone laughs, except me. I know how scary it is for him. He then stands up, and takes a good look around.
"Okay, I need to guys to get him and put him into the slammer before he runs of again. Zart, Gally, can you get him." I command them.
Alby wasn't there at the moment and Newt was busy laughing, so I took action. The two boys nod and take him away.
This boy smells trouble.

A/N:
Okay so I got to give credit to 250shadesofmoodswing  for the idea to make Gally gay with Frypan. There is a slight chance that the whole gay thing won't come up again, but who knows? But making Gally gay was me and Hanna's idea, but thank you Rebecca:))