Chapter six: Stupid decisions

Stupid Decisions.
"He's been stung." Gally said.
"In the middle of the day?"
Stung? What is that?
"Okay, take him to the pit!" Alby commanded.
Some boys came and carried Ben to the slammer while I stood there aimlessly, still in shock over what just happened.
"Hey, you alright?" Someone with a accent said, that someone was Newt.
I looked at him in utter shock while nodding.
"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine."
"I don't think anyone is okay after that, especially not with that wound you have there. How did you get it?" He asked, pointing at my arm.
Shuck! He saw the wound. Well it wasn't like I could hide it for long.
I looked at my arm only to se the wound full of blood now.
"Uh, Ben did it when I was trying to hold him down. It's not like am stronger than him, but I tried." I said with a nervous chuckle.
"Let's get you to the med-jacks."
He smiled and put his hand on the small of my back, leading the way to the med-jacks.
"Wait." I said, stopping in my tracks.
"I don't think that Clint and Jeff are there right now, they're probably busy helping Alby with Ben and-"
"I know, but that doesn't mean that I can't bloody fix your wound can it?"
I smiled, shacking my head. We kept walking.
We entered the poor built room and I sat on a chair. Newt took a pack of bandages and some other medical things I didn't know what was. He took a chair and sat right in front of me. Taking my arm and examined it, he opened a little bottle with liquid in it. I squinted as he applied it on my wound.
"Sorry." He said.
"It's fine." 
For a moment, we made eye contact, but he immediately looked back at my hand and smiled.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing, it's just funny how you didn't ask anything about Ben."
"Yeah, about that. What happened to him?"
"Well as you saw he was stung, that's what the Grievers do. We call it the changing. It makes you say things that doesn't make any sense and it just, messes up your mind."
He slowly said with a somber voice, but I could tell that he was trying to hide his feelings, like always.
"And why didn't I know about this before now?"
"I thought it would be better if you didn't know."
"And why's that?"
"I would save you from all the suffering. And besides, it would've been difficult to explain."
I nodded. I examined my arm, he was done bandaging it.
"There, as good as new." He said in a deep British accent. I smiled.
"Thanks."
"No problem."
I examined my wound that's now bandaged.
He did a pretty good job.
"Where did you learn this?"
"When I was trying out for the jobs. You know, I wasn't only good at working in the gardens and bossing people around." He said with a smile.
I smiled back. Locking my eyes with each other, we had one of those moments of staring again it was like he could see trough me, in a good way. I felt my heartbeat getting, faster,and faster.
"Eh, what's going to happen to Ben?"
He sighed.
"You'll see."
His voice went from being sweet to broken.
"Sorry."
"Why are you sorry?"
"It most be difficult to lose someone, especially when you have been here in such a long time."
"It's fine. I'm kind of used to it."
I looked at him, rubbing his left, giving him a look sympathy. He smiled and looked back at me.
"You two need a minute?"
We both look at the doorway only to see Minho, standing there with a smirk while crossing his arms. I jolted my arm back and felt the heat in my cheeks.
"Newt, Alby wants to talk to you."
Newt nodded and walked off, sending me a smile before walking out of the room as Minho followed him out.

****
Everyone were standing around the door, waiting for Minho to bring Ben. I was standing away from the little circle the boys had made around the doors. I took a good look around. Everyone were sad and there was an unhappy spirit in the atmosphere. I turned my head as I saw movements in the corner of my eye. My eyes caught sight of Ben, his hand were behind his head, tied with a rope. Minho was escorting him to the doors  he finally came to a stop, bringing his knife up and cutting the rope around Ben's hands, setting him free.
"No, no, no. Please no." He cried out, looking around him, his eyes begging for help, for mercy.
He started to cough blood and said things that didn't make sense.
Minho held a bag in his hand, he looked up and then threw the bag into the Maze hall. He then backed up with a angry, yet, pained expression.
He was trying to cover up his feelings like he always does. Like everyone here does.
The doors made clicking noises, signalizing that they were closing.
"Pols up!" Alby commanded.
There were some boys who were holding pols in their hands with a 5 inch piece of wood with leather around it on top of the pols. I had no ideas of what or why they had them, but it was only in a matter of time to find out.
The doors slowly started closing, and the boys slowly pushed towards Ben with the pols, trying to get him to the other side of the doors.
Isn't it any other solutions for him? Can't they try to help him?
Ben was crying out for them to stop, but they didn't. They kept going until Ben was all the way into the maze. And just like that, the big grey doors closed, and Ben was now gone.
Thomas and I were standing and watching the horrifying scene take place. Tears filled up in my eyes as I stared into space.
I looked at the boys as they turned around, all of them gave me a somber look, like if they were sorry I had to see that happen. My head slowly fell to the ground.
I looked over to Newt, his face was so sad and somber that it was heart crushing to look at him.
"He belongs to the maze now." Alby said.
Belongs to the maze? What if he comes back? What if he would be okay again?
I tried to fight my tears, but it was difficult. So I turned around and started walking, in a slow pace, to my room. I couldn't take it. I couldn't be there anymore. Even if I didn't know Ben that much, I still felt sorry for him. I laid on the hammock, tears rolling down my cheek as I tried to fight my way trough them, but I knew that I couldn't. I wasn't strong enough.