Chapter 28

This is a long one! Hope you enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote :)

***

The cameras stop rolling so they can attach a mic to Olivia and tell her what to do and what not to do. From the look on her face I can already tell she's overwhelmed. I don't even have a chance to say hello before the producers swarm her, applying makeup and making sure there's not a hair out of place. I roll my eyes at their actions, but know there's nothing I can do to stop them. Any protest on my part will lead to Harry being taken away, and I don't want that.

Finally, once the producers have deemed Olivia fit for filming, we are granted a moment without the cameras- they're still being set up. I rise from my place on the couch next to Harry and walk over.

'It's so good to see you.' I sigh, stepping forward and wrapping Olivia in a tentative embrace. I'm not exactly sure how she feels about me, but the fact that she agreed to come and do this for me must mean something. If she hated my guts for abandoning her after I graduated she would not have made the flight.

'It's good to see you, too.' Olivia smiles shyly, returning my hug. Relief floods through me. At least she doesn't intend on acting cold or withholding. I do wish I had to time to explain this peculiar situation to her, but it's evident I don't as the producers start to call for silence from the crew.

The cameras go up and instantly I set my face into the permanent pleasant expression I put on for filming. Harry rises and comes to stand next to me. I immediately notice he's nervous. In fact, he's very nervous. He holds his hands in front of himself, rubbing them together anxiously, and I can see his chest rises and falls at a rate faster than normal. It's clear he cares a lot about what's going to happen.

'Hi, I'm Harry, it's so nice to meet you.' Harry steps forward while I move away, allowing them space to interact. We stand near to my living room, and although there's not tons of space to maneuver, we manage.

I see Olivia blush as she looks up at Harry's towering figure- she's the same height as me- before awkwardly granting him a reply.

'It's nice to meet you, too. I'm Olivia.' She introduces herself kindly. I'm grateful for the positive interaction. For some reason I am, like Harry, very, very nervous. I get the feeling that this may be the most peculiar family introduction in the history of The Bachelor. No parents, no grand parents, no aunts or uncles or nephews or nieces. Just a single sister who I've not seen for 3 years.

'Um, here, let's sit.' I tell them both. Harry and I resume our places on the larger couch while Olivia takes a seat on the love seat beside it. She places her hands in her lap and squeezes her knees together. She's obviously anxious, and by the looks of it, uncomfortable.

'So, tell me what's happened the past 2 months.' Olivia encourages me, looking towards me with a half-chuckle. I look down to the ground and smile, then back to Harry.

'Well, we met in LA right after I left New York, and we've been getting to know each other ever since.' I provide her a vague description of my past 2 months. She nods and then we're silent.

'Hows Canada?' Harry questions from beside me, saving the sinking conversation. I take his hand in mine and gently squeeze. This action does not go unnoticed by Olivia, who looks down for a split second to try and comprehend the scene before her. She's never seen me with a man before. I've never even really been with a man before, not properly, and especially not around her.

'Well, it's pretty good. I think I might get my own place soon and uni is going well.' She answers politely, offering Harry a gracious smile.

'Oh yeah, university! What's it like?' I ask, giving away a little more than I intended. I never went to university. I can't exactly remember if I told Harry this or not, but I know that the rest of the United States doesn't know that fact yet. I cringe internally at my stupid choice of words, but I'm interested to hear Olivia's response nonetheless.