Chapter 1

Silver woke in her basket, hopped out and walked outside into her housefolk yard.Silver ran to the tree at one corner and climbed, her claws gripping the bark.She landed on the other side of the fence with a thud.her light purple collar with a small blue jew swinging from her neck.

Silver padded along the sidewalk, looking around her at the morning activity.Suddenly she heard a cat wailing in pain, Silver ran toward the noise.In a park, a small orange kit was laying on its side a huge black and white tom stood over it, claws bared.Silver growled then ran and leaped at the huge tom nocking him over and clawing his ears.The tom leaped up and pinned her down.His claws raised above her head ready to make the death blow.

"Bone!Stand down!"Came a cold small voice, and a small black tom padded out of a bush.He had a white paw and cold ice blue eyes.The huge white and black tom, Bone got of Silver and backed behind the small tom his head bowed.The small tom nodded then faced Silver"Who are you?And what are you doing here."His eyes looking her over.

"I am Silver, and I was saving this kit from him."Silver said lashing her tail from side to side.The small tom blinked at her calmly."Do you not know that this is Bloodclan territory?"That's when Silver saw that Scourge and Bone had collars around their necks.Only claws and teeth studied them.She shuderd in fear, the claws and teeth once belonged to cats.

"Well sorry but can't a cat take a walk around here?"Silver snapped, Scourge blinked.Silver turned to the wailing kit, raping her tail around it silencing.Scourge turned to Bone"Go back, I'll catch up with you."He ordered calmly.Bone turned and stalked out.Silver turned back to Scourge.

Who said."I never seen you around here."Silver looked into his eyes calmly"I live with my Housefolk."Scorge scoffed"That explains why you attacked Bone."Silver's neck hair pricked"Why would I not?He was attacking a little kit!"Silver shot back.Scourge hissed"My cats will kill.Its how we survive."Silver licked the kit on the top of the head.

"You should get that kit back to its mother.For the next time, one of my cats finds it...It won't survive."Scourge growled looking at the scrap of fur.Silver bent down and picked up the kit, walking past Scourge."Silver."She turned"If you run into any of my cats, send for me."Scourge said.Silver nodded then walked back to her yard.