Chapter 3

Silver padded outside of her house folk den and into the yard.She walked over to the fern bush and waited.Silver and Scourge had been waiting beneath the bush every day now to talk.Silver turned her head to the sound of claws against wood, Scourge plopped down next to her.Silver purred and ran her muzzle against his in greeting.

"What's new?"She asked as both cats settled down in the shade. Scourge groomed his paw before responding."Not much, but my siblings came to me."Oh, it must be great to see them."Scourge growled and sheathed his claws."No its not!"Silver blinked why would he not want to see his littermates?

"So whats so bad about that?"Silver pressed, but Scourge stood up and faced her."It's none of your concern!"He growled, then staked over to the small pond. Silver stood up and padded to his side their pelts brushing."Fine if you don't want to tell me that's fine."SIlver rested her head on his shoulder.

Scourge sighed"When I was a kitten I lived with a Twoleg. I lived with my mother Quince and my littermates Socks and Ruby."Scourge seemed lost in memory, gazing into the pool."But my littermates never played with me or want me."

Silver ran her tail along his side"Oh, Scourge I'm so sorry."Scourge looked at her"Don't be.it's, not your problem."He growled as he padded over to the fence and climbed up and over. Gone into the allies of the Twoleg place, Silver sighed feeling so sorry for the cold black tom.