Chapter 2

Silver was basking in the sun on her porch when she heard claws scrambling up the fence.She opened her eyes to see Scourge standing in her yard.Silver jumped up and stood silver muzzle to black muzzle, her hackles rasing.Silver narrowed her eyes and drew her claws.

"What are you doing here?"She hissed eyeing him with menace.Scourge stood calmy and said,"I came to see where you live."Then he explored the place, sniffing the bushes and trees.Silver's hackles flattened, did this mean that he cared?She thought as she watched the black tom.

"Well its nice to see you again."Silver said, wrapping her tail around her paws.Scourge turned and faced Silver, his eyes full of compassion.Silver breathed in his sent, her eyes never leaving his."You too."Scourge said, sitting back and looking around.

"So what it like?Living as a kittypet?"Silver tilted her head, confused"Whats a kittypet?"Scourge snorted as though Silver should know this obvious thing."A kittypet is a cat who lives with Twolegs and eats dry pelts."Silver stood up defensively, the hair on the back of her neck standing up"Whats wrong with being a kittypet?!''

Scourge ran his tail along her back, smoothing the hair"There's nothing wrong with it, it's just you don't understand what it's like to fight to survive."Silver felt her heart beating fast as she watched Scourge pad over to the fence and scrambled over it.