Chapter 7

Silver watched the battle from on top of a great rock, her tail wrapped around her kits barely a moon old. Scourge was fighting an orange tom Firestar was the name. Suddenly all of the fighting stopped and all watched Scourge and Firestar. Silver trembled in fear, Birch mewed quietly and Stream whimpered.

Scourge was pinned down, Firestar slashed his claws on his throat, blood poured from his throat."Nooo!"Silver screamed her kits wailing with her. Silver leaped off the rock, her kits closely behind her. Scourge looked up at her his eyes filled with love."Silver..."Silver eyes filled with tears and she entwined her tail with his for the last time.

"No don't leave me."Silver whispered."I...love..you."Scourge said then died, Silver wailed to the sky. Grief crushing her heart, her kits pressing into her side wailing. Firestar looked at her then the kits."Was he their father?"Silver bowed her head tears streaming down her cheek, she nodded.

Silver rounded up her kits."Why won't father get up?"Stream asked looking at Scourge."He's dead."Silver told her licking her head. Silver pressed her nose into Scourges fur, the warmth waving away from his body.

"You were a kind tom. Gave me a home, kits, and you were the best mate I could wish for."Silver whispered the remaining cats of Bloodclan stood behind her heads bowed."Goodbye, my love, I will never forget you."Then Silver and her kits padded out of the clearing and away from the forest.

They wandered through the night, moonlight shining on their pelts, making them glow silver. But they did not see the stary black cat follow them,guiding them on their way to a new home.