Chapter 4

Silver woke to the sound of the monster waking.She looked around, the nest was almost empty her Housefolk nowhere in sight.Silver jumped up and ran outside, her housefolk where hoping inside the monster and rolling away.

Silver's eyes widened and she ran after the monster, her paws thudding on the hard thunderpath."No!Wait!What about me?!"She yelled, but the monster zoomed away.Silver stopped panting, not knowing where else to go.

Suddenly an idea came to her, there was one cat who would help her.Silver got up and ran to the park, looking around for someone when bushes rattled.Silver spun around, a russet she-cat popped out, a collar with teeth around her neck.Who are you and what are you doing here?!"

"Take me to Scourge."Silver said her insides churning with fear.The she-cat snarled her hackles rasing"Why should I?"Silver's nerve was rising and her paws were trembling."Just take me to him!He's the only cat I know I can go to!"

The she-cat regarded Silver for a moment."Fine, follow me."Silver sighed the fear that edged along her spine lessened a little.The cat led her down an alleyway, one light shone reveling cats.Digging in trash cans, almost all of them had a collar with teeth.

When Silver walked pass they all glared at her.Silver felt her paws trembling, as she was led to a dumpster."What is she doing here Mit's?!"Bone said coming out from a shadow."I asked her to bring me to Scourge."When she said these words all of the cats looked at the top of the dumpster.Silver looked up, sitting on the dumpster was Scourge.

"Why did you come to me?"Scourge said calmly, his cold eyes bearing into Silvers.Silver shifted her paws, nervously."My housefolk drove away."Silver looked down at the ground beneath her, tail trembling with fear.

"I don't have any other place to go..."Scourge narrowed his eyes in thought, the cats around her watching, waiting for his answer.He has to help me, Silver thought watching the black tom."You can stay."Scourge decided, leaping off the dumpster.All cats backed away, leaving Silver alone with Scourge.Silver rested her muzzle on his purring.

"Oh, thank you."Scourge smiled, intwining his tail with hers."You can rest with me."He said leading her to the dumpster.Silver curled up next to him, silver and black muzzle close.Grearfull for teh warmth of another.Silver faded into dreams.