Chapter 5

Basmahs POV

Can someone explain the logic of the speed of weekends? Today is already sunday which in other words means, tomorrow is monday. Yesterday we hanged all through the night, just the three of us, mostly in the kitchen and the balcony. We served our selves deliciously made snacks by my mom while some were ordered. My mother appeared once in a while to make sure we dont break stuffs, or turn the house to a rat hole. We played chess and some other paper games, when it was time to play whot cards, we had to lock our room for security reasons.

It is now 11:36 pm and i am sitting on a stool in the kitchen, with Mahra and Arfa making some concotions we call tea mixture of different tea flavours and some herbs......
we left it left to boil so everyones attention diverted their phones.
I was using my samsung note scrolling endlessly and replying to alot of humans when a phone call came in, i almost, no, i cursed the person calling because i was in a middle of a heated debate.
I eyed the phone, it is an unknown number, i picked the call and a voice found its way through.
"Hello" the caller said

"Hello" i answered after counting to three

"Basmah, its Jamal"

My eyes widened, popping out of my head to roll of to the bin. I started to wonder what will Arfas reaction be when she knows who is on the phone. I looked at my phone tied freinds, i quietly, almost sneakingly  went out of the kitchen to the living room where they cannot hear me, and thankfully they didnt notice my exit. I mounted a couch then turned my attention back to the screen, the caller hasn't disconected yet, i rose the phone to my ear "hey Jamal how are you"

"Am fyn thank you. I saw your stories on IG am sure your weekend is splendid, i dont have to ask, am calling about Arfas' number that you promised, remember?" J guy said. This guy is full of feaces..

"yes i remember, just two days ago, seriously... Cut the call i will send it now, except you dont want it anymore"
I cut the call before giving him the chance to reply, i heard him trying to say something, who cares... I saved the contact and went back to the kitchen with the tought i will send it later because i seriously need my tea right now.

We are taking Mahra back home and i am driving, yes i can drive, but of course am not allowed to...
My momma is not home and she cant take two cars out obviously,
She doesnt know we are taking the car and hopefully we will not collide on the road, she knows we can drive soo she might expect this...
We are in a white kia optima, Mahra is in the passengers seat while Arfa at the back by the owners corner like a boss.
We are wearing black kimonos and different shades of blue straight gowns, and your driver is sporting a ray ban shades.
Music is literally tearing the speaker apart, unforgettabe by french montana, swae lee, and mr.tac is what is playing.
We arrived at Mahras enormous golden gated house. We parked outside the house because we wouldnt want the news "ai su suka tuqo motan suka dawo da Mahra"  and my mom being the one recieving the news. We entered the house only to find out her mother and father are not home except for her 6 year old younger ones, twins!!, and her elder brother Mustapha, who is marrying after they move to kano, we probably wont attend. We did the formalities before finding our way to her room.

We didnt stay for long since we are meeting the next day in school and everything discussable has been discussed yesterday and today morning. On our way out Arfa took a selfie with me beside her but looking away, Later i saw it on IG, This girl will not kill me..

We got home and are fortunate enough that our mom hasn't returned yet. I was parking when my phone beeped a message, i ignored it, It beeped again, i still ignored, then it beeped 5 times in a second,
I set my mind  to strangle the victim but when i checked Who the victim is, i decided otherwise i might end up hugging , damn, i might not even reach..
Jamal sent 8 messages through Whatsapp all except one asking about the contact. I decided to finally send it because he obviously is becoming impatient and he is making me furious. The excluded message is asking how is my sunday going, i replied a normal reply then proceeding into our room losing Arfa along the way. We chatted for a While with Jamal and he turned out to be a nice guy and easy going. He sees things the way i see things which made me smile.

What are ya all saying?
Yayy!! Or nayyy!!
Comment and vote...

Fateemmarh 😘