Chapter 24

Basmahs POV

from the looks on Jamals face, my questions hit him like an asteriod, what was he expecting?

"I could not refuse Ameer seeing him in such a situation" he paused

"In what situation?" i asked

"He was using hard drugs Basmah, he was miserable and pleaded with me, i could not even think against helping him. I dont have a valid reason for dating Arfa if you are looking for one, i dont know why i did what i did. Everyone with eyes could see that i do not reciprocate the feelings she had for me, i had my eyes on someone else but i was not sure what she feels for me" i looked up to see him smiling, and i looked away.

"I dont know what she saw in me that made her desperate. Ameer told me he didnt stand a chance seeing how much she was blinded by me, or so he tought, and as he said he wanted what she wanted, that was how he could prove his love for her, that she knew nothing about" he paused.

He was silent for too long so i sipped my drink before raising my head to his, he seemed lost in his thought. I almost got lost in him, not his eyes but his mere presence is captivating. I am not satisfied with the explation i got so i kept silent, waiting to hear more of him, hoping it will match my thoughts, and it seemed he understood me, so he began again.

"The last time i saw you was on my graduation day, that day i made up my mind to confront you but you avoided me, like a sin, it didnt break me the way you avoided me, but when you left, you left with the most important part of me, you didnt even look to see me for the last time. I was called on stage at the time. Believe it or not, i had a tear lingering on my eye, i had to swallow it back because my Mom was beside me and the cameras in my face" Jamal stopped again.

And all i could feel was love and regret, if only... If only...
My inside went hollow, and my heart was burning. The feeling i never admitted to myself is fighting its way out, and i am unable to restrain it. I knew this all along, Ameer told me, he basically forced Jamal into dating her. But hearing this from him, it glued my world into a piece of art. I found myself smiling, blushing to be precise.

I transfered my enthusiasm to him when i looked to his face to see a satisfied smile. He inhaled deeply while breaking his knuckles. All this while i didnt say a word, surprising to me.

He voiced out "Basmah" my name that sounds nicer when its exiting his mouth, i answered with the same tonation
"Jamal". His smiled narrowed then widened, then he spoke "will you give me the chance to be the lucky guy who is taking to long to show up?"

I laughed, a real one, how is someone suppose to say no in this kind of scene? If i had options, it would have to be yes or heck yes! But am settling for yes. So i voiced it out "i will give you a tiny chance, if we do this the right way"

"just say it Basmah" it was his turn to laugh which he did a better job than me.

"if you can make yourself known to my family, just let them know you exist cause i kinda gave my Momma a go ahead to arranged marriages" his eyes widened before he broke into fits of laughter, he thinks am joking, well newsflash! "am serious Jamal"

Disbelief was evident on his face, so i spoke "it doesnt have to involve your parents for now, just maybe stop by sometimes, or let them see you drop me, y'know, that kinda stuff" he reasoned for a while and only came up with a "yeah no problem".

After that, we fell into a well of comfortable silence, our dessert was served which i clinged on as a reason for my everlasting smile, Jamal knew my fudge cake is not the only reason for my smile but he said nothing. I thank him for that.

In Jamals car was a song called "perfect by ed sheeran" i dont see a way which i, or rather, we do not relate to this song right now..
"I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone
waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in
love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your
heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you
between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our
favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I
whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look
perfect tonight
Well I found a woman, stronger than
anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that
someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just
my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our
own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you
between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our
favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so
beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look
perfect tonight
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you
between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our
favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in
person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight"

Jamal stopped beside the road without turning off his car, i looked out the window thinking we reached my destination only to see us in the middle of the highway. He stayed quiet while i Just stared at him, perfect still playing.

After the song was over he turned off the car, rested back on his seat and screwed his gaze into my eyes..
"Can i say something?" he asked

"am listening" i replied

He looked way deep into my eyes that it made me shiver, i had to look away because the weight of this love is way too heavy on my heart. "look at me first" he said, and i did "i love you Basmah, i always have and always will".

I was not sure if my heart is still in its place because i could not even feel it beating. I guess Jamal stole it, i smiled despite my missing heart and all i could come up with is "i know you do Jamal, i know"

He smiled and smiled until he was grinning, so was i. he didnt say a word, so did i. He ignited his charger and took me home, with the song perfect on repeat.

This chapter should makeup for all the absence 😀😁
Hiiiiiii!!!! Everyone!! Its fateemmarh and she is back!!! Soo i had writers block which school was the sponsor, but hey! holidayyyyyssss!! 🙏💃💃💃
"I feel glorious" after this chapter 💃😍

Fateemmarh_ab 😍