Chapter 12

Recap.
He looked at me with all kinds of mixed emotions in his eyes, pain included which made me feel sorry him.
When he started talking i understood what is happening to my best freind, what i never saw coming.

Jamals POV.

"two weeks ago i went out to a party with some freinds i recently met, they invited me which i was reluctant to go to but they managed to convince me so we went.
The party was going well until i saw some of them smoking something, i began to feel uneasy i told them i had to go but they refused me to leave so i sat back doing nothing but looking at the teenagers dancing, i didnt drink anything because it seems everything is alcoholic and didnt eat as well.
Two boys and a girl walked up to me which i do not know thier names or them, they began laughing for no reason and i was 100% sure it was channelled to me, i tried my best to ignore but you know what a stupid person i might be sometimes. One of the freinds that i went with Khaleed, told me its because am the only one sober and its either i get high or i get out. I didnt want to look like a pussy to them Soooo i kinda got high, i smoked weed Jamal, five days after i smoked again, and after i realised what i am getting myself into, i despised and became angry at my own self. I get upset about nothing in particular always angry and the anger is always at my selfish self.
I have been craving what Allah has forsaken and then it dawned on me that only Allah can help me out so i literally avoided everything and turned to my creator till i find myself again and till the craving stopped". Ameer finished.

I dont know what am suppose to do right now, i just kept looking at him till it made him uneasy, i silently thanked Allah for Ameer found his way before he completely got lost.

"why didnt you tell me" i asked in a low pitched voice.

"i didnt want anyone getting involved or anyone to suspect me, i am very grateful that my brother has not noticed else this will be taken to a whole nother level"

"at least you could have told me!" i said now in a high pitched voice.

"thats not even the end of it" Ameer voiced, his voice husky.

"Audhubillah, What else have you been hiding, you need a beating from me maybe" i yelled back suddenly feeling afraid which i did a great job hiding.

"Arfa loves you" Ameer mumbled looking everywhere but my face.

"Are you still high?!" i asked him after i scoffed "from where did you get this stupid tought!?"

"you forgot, am drunk, not high d***head!, Arfa loves you and its very obvious to everyone who sees except if you are blinded by love yourself".

"mind clearifying yourself?" suddenly confused me asked.

"from the way Arfa looked at you the other day i instantly knew it, she loves you Jamal, not me, its not like am angry at that or anything but i love her, and at the same time its pretty obvious you love Basmah, we are all kind of mixed up in this shitty stuff which i do not support so i came up with an idea that may be helpful if not to all the problems but to some definately".

"and what the heck is that?" i didnt argue with him anymore but tried to reason with him.

"i want you to ask Arfa out" Ameer said which only ignited a flamable combustion in my system, my mood suddenly flipped from confused and reasonable to liquid Anger, so i replied him

"am leaving" while standing up to leave.

I reached for the door before Ameer stopped me in my tracks by what he said.

"Basmah as well agreed" Ameers words.

I turned to look at him with a confused look on my face, i Then noticed how much Ameer has changed physically, he is a bit darker and slimer, his white shirt didnt cling to his body as it used to.

I went back and sat down on the bed while he was seating on the couch with me staring at him squarelly. I folded my arms and waited for him to continue and he did

He told me what Basmah told him, as he said., he told me Arfas story which got me dazzled that Basmah never told me anything about such, except for what she told me about her parents being dead and nothing else, i didnt blame her because i never asked.
There was a five minute silence after Ameer finished talking apart from the surah Ghafir that was playing.

It started hitting me like comets, all i want now is to get away from everything and just run, and this is the only thing i cannot do, i have to face it because it is right in my face.

Arfa deserves all the joys in this world, she should get all she asks for, but, i dont love her, i cant go around just dating her while i feel nothing for her except pitty, when its darn clear i dont like her, my heart is with someone else, my heart is with Basmah.

We Didnt talk about this after i managed to compose myself and change the topic. I asked Ameer how the preparations for leaving is which he replied "am doing what i think i should be doing, because Mom is doing everything else".
All i have to do now is anticipate and wait for the best.

After isha i left Ameers place with him because he asked me to drop him at a bakery, all he requires is that a litre of icecream, and we did just that and i also bought one for myself then headed home, as i entered the parlour my eyes expanded at the sight of my mom and dad, chatting like love birds which all my life have never witnessed such a scene, a smile from nowhere found its way to my face, i didnt want to interrupt so i silently as possible as i could go upstairs to my room unnoticed.

Silent readers, i used to be a silent reader too, but i changed, seeing the energy writers get from a tini tiny comment like "welldone!" to the "nyc" and the "good chapter".

voters😍 keep voting,
non-voters😒........ Thank you.