chapter 28

Basmahs POV.

30 minutes later Jamal and Taheer arrived, i was frowing all through the previous minutes when my conversation with Taheer and Jamal kept coming to my head that my Mom had to ask if something was wrong and I had to lie to tell her that i was only exhausted.

Ya Juhaifa was the one home so he welcomed them in while I looked for any excuse to stay in the kitchen even though i know i eventually have to face reality, My phone beeped a text so i peeped.

"My eyes are sore already from wandering around in hopes of sighting you, where are you?"

I replied "In your dreams😗"

"I know Taheer is a scum don't mind him I just want to see whats mine. 💕 Please love..."

"Am not yours 🙄, i might be yours😏"

I replied and put my phone on silent. My mum is in the kitchen so i dare not blush but damn i did, i had to bite my lips to stop a grin from spreading all over my face.

"Better stop that smiling, yaran yanzu ba kunya" Maa said. I buried my face in my palms to avoid embarrassing myself. A minute later Ya Juhaifa walked in to inform us of what we already know except Mom that didnt know he came along with Taheer.

"Basmah do they know each other?" Mum questioned.

"Yes ma, they are cousins" I meekly answered.

"And your so called besty is okay with it?"

"why wouldn't he be, mom he's practically engaged" i answered

My mother just oh-ed before i was forcefully pushed out to meet my guests.
I walked with my head down with every step hoping the ground will open up and swallow me i know its just Jamal but its Jamal meeting my family duh! I stopped at the mirror just before the sitting room to see me donned in my peach Atampa Peplum and skirt, i adjusted my black veil before i salammed my way into the living room avoiding any sort of eye contact with Jamal, but made sure i death glared Taheer which in return he grinned. I sat on the couch opposite them before raising my head to meet my guests.

He smiled "salam alaiki"

I answered his salam and took in his look, wearing a Navy blue jumper with golden embroidery and a blue zanna bukar accessorizing his head. He was oozing perfume while i silently inhaled wanting to sniff more of him but made sure to keep a straight face so he will understand am still angry. Even though the text he sent minutes ago simmered me down but i am a girl for a reason.

"How are you" he asked, as if we didn't just talk an hour ago.

"Am fine, how are you" cupids victim asked

"Am now well" Jamal answered holding my eyes in his for a few seconds.

"So you won't even acknowledge my presence?" Taheer asked and i replied with a glare.

"You are not even suppose to be here, how is Umma?" I asked him anyway, you can't just stay angry for too long at Taheer he will just crawl his way up to make you smile.

"You wont ask how i am still? Umma is fine, and am also fine, she sends her regards also"

After a few minutes of chit chatting i went to call Mum in and to avoid any sort of embarrassment from my Maa i left to get refreshments as an excuse to leave the parlour.
After i was done setting the dishes i catapulted to my room leaving them to their awkwardness. Ya Juhaifa is also with them and Ya Adnan might join them if he comes back so better loosen up. Ya Juhaifa and Taheer are pretty good freinds so it should not be all over awkward.