Foster

Loki
A few months ago Odin decided I would serve midguard. Protect its people like my brother does. I am only now allowed to walk unsupervised. What do they think I am, a child? I was walking down a random street when I decided to take the form of a cat. People know who I am and who I was so I get a lot of unneeded attention. As I walked the streets I noticed footsteps behind me. I turned into an alley and the footsteps follow me. I turn back into my true form and turn to face whoever was following me. To my surprise it's a midguardian child wearing a jacket and a backpack much to big for her.
"What do you want?" I asked the child infront of me but it didn't speak. "Go away" I motion my hands to shoo it away. It takes four steps back and looks at me. Oh that's so funny. Not really. I turn and leave to head towards the tower. It follows me. "Why don't you go..." I looked around for anything "get a donut or something" I gestured to a donut stand. Just like that it was gone and I kept walking to the tower. Until I heard footsteps running up to me. It came back and held out two donuts to me. I took them and walked off and it followed again. We walked by a bench. "Sit" it obeyed. It is very obedient. "Jump" it started jumping up and down. "Stop" it listened. Most midguardians don't know their place but this one willfully obeys me. I walk back to the tower with the child in tow.

When we got upstairs Tony, Steve, and Thor were there. Steve was tapping his foot nervously then he spotted me, stopped, and shot me a glare. His eyes then traveled to the child next to me.
"What did you do?" He says harshly, getting the attention of Tony and Thor. They both look to the child and then to me.
"It followed me home" I walked to the other side of the room to demonstrate how it follows me around.
"First off she's not an it, and secondly take her back where you found her" I roll my eyes. Steve stoops down to her level. "Hey your parents must be worried about you" when he said parents she went and hid behind me, hugging my leg.
"Let go" she let go but stayed hidden behind me.
"Jarvis do a face scan and tell us who she is" Tony speaks to the computer that runs the tower.
"Holly Davids 7 years old, daughter of James Davids deceased military Lieutenant, and Lyn Davids who was reported as missing yesterday morning" we all look to the girl poking her head out from behind me. Steve mutters some apology to her.
"Can she stay here?" Thor asked. Tony and Steve shared a look before they both nodded.
"Someone would have to foster her" Steve started explaining the legalities.
"I'll do it" Thor interrupted.
"Excuse me? She followed me home so I should get to keep her" I reasoned.
"She's not a stray dog" Tony starts.
"And you aren't exactly father material" and Steve finishes. I shoot them both a glare.
"Well I think she would disagree" we all look back to Holly and a look of realization comes over Steves face. I get down on one knee to be on her level. "Who do you want to be with?" She looks at Tony, then Steve, then Thor. Then she swings her arms around my neck and hugs me. I grin to myself at my victory. When she releases the hug I can see tears in her eyes. I don't know what I'm supposed to do and I can tell Tony, and Steve are just using this as an example of how I'm not 'father' material. Thats when I noticed a name sewn onto the bag on her back. J. Davids. It's her fathers bag. "When did your father die?" The question came out before I could even think of how it would affect her.
"A week ago they came and told us..." her voice was soft and shaky. She sniffed, trying not to cry. After giving her a moment to compose herself I asked another question without thinking.
"What happen with your mother?" Her face changed. She looked sad before but now there was something else. Fear. "You don't have to tell me" I quickly say. I can't tell if she's scared to tell me or if something about it was scary but I decided I didn't care at the moment. I turned and all eyes were on us, including Clint and Natasha who came in at some point. I looked to Steve and Tony. "Don't we have to sort out some legalities or something?"