Papers

Natasha
"What do you want?" I opened the door before Loki knocked a second time leaving him with his fist in the air.
"How are-"
"What do you want?" I cut him off. If I didn't promise Thor I wouldn't kill him I would've done it by now. The only reasons we even talk are missions and Holly.
"Skipping the flattery then" he smirked and brushed past me into my room. I hid a scowl promising myself that if he didn't have a damn good reason for waltzing in here I'd break his arm. "It is my understanding that you handled the paperwork for fostering Holly?" I cocked an eyebrow. He's never been the first to bring up Holly either because he doesn't want to admit he cares about her or needs help with her or both.
"I signed to vouch for you" No one else in the tower would expect me and Bruce and he got distracted and forgot to handle the paperwork.
"I... greatly appreciate that..." I let out a small smirk at the closest thing to humility I've ever seen him show. "I came today for your help making... certain arrangements that involve the midgardian childcare system" he's beating around the bush.
"Cut to the chase"
"I want to adopt Holly" my eyes went a little wide at that.
"Have you talked to Holly about this?" anyone with eyes can tell she loves Loki but her dad only died three months ago. This whole thing seems a bit fast.
"I wanted to make sure I could before I talked to her..." I nodded. Last thing she needs is more broken promises.
"And you're sure you're ready to be her father?"
"Ready's a strong word but... I don't want anyone or anything to ever be able to hurt her again. I want to protect her and keep her safe and happy" I smiled.
"You should be able to but the paperwork would take some time" giving an evil alien invader custody of a little 7 year old girl isn't gonna be easy. "When are you going to talk to her?"
"Her birthday" I furrowed my eyebrows realizing I didn't know when her birthday was. "It's in three days"
"Why didn't you say something sooner?!" I jumped up and had Jarvis get everyone to the living room. Loki was really about to just let us not give her presents or cake or a party!