Chapter 5

"I think we should meet at Wakanda, so everyone can be there," Captain America suggested to the others. "We'll need a portal to grab the few that we don't already have there."

"Sounds good," Stark surprisingly agreed.

"I should probably take them to their ship," Loki nodded to the drunk Guardians.

"I'll get everyone at Avengers Tower and Kamar-Taj," Doctor Strange stated as he opened a portal to New York. "I'll leave a portal open for you guys to go to Wakanda," he said as he opened two different portals.

The orange sparked portal closed behind him. Thor turned to the God of Mischief, "Loki, I shall go with you to assist with the drunk ones."

Loki shrugged and began to herd the Guardians to their ship. "We need to stop and get Valkyrie."

"What about her distraction?" Thor inquired.

"It matters not what the Grandmaster thinks," Loki replied. "Thanos needs to be taken care of permanently."

"What of you and Valkyrie?" Thor asked while they entered blue and orange space ship.

"Thor, you are too curious," Loki stated as he settled into the pilot seat.

"It is a serious question. "Why did that raccoon call you Gamora's 'mysterious boyfriend'?"

"I do not know," Loki brushed the entire conversation over his shoulder as they lifted off and traveled through space.

"What happened to you after we were attacked on the ship?" Thor tried to create a less awkward atmosphere, as the Guardians (excluding Mantis) had all passed out.

"I was let go, as the Black Order was finished with their own punishments upon me. I returned to Sakaar, and was put into gladiatorship," Loki told the God of Thunder. "I killed more brings than I ever have in my life because of the fear of being punished and disgraced anymore than I already am," the black-haired admitted.

Loki never glanced towards Thor, but instead made a point to stare into the starry abyss. Loki switched the controls to co-pilot so he could go get Valkyrie without being caught. He teleported himself there and returned quickly with the woman. The crew then set off for Midgard.

~

Once the team was gathered together in Wakanda, they began to discuss allies. Loki decided to remove himself from the group, as he felt hated and out of place. The God of Mischief stood by a large windows gazing out into the rainforest of the African country.

"Loki," Thor interrupted his thoughts, "we did not bring your here to watch the trees. Come help."

"Wait, Loki's here?" A young-sounding voice asked in amazement.

The raven-haired man turned away from the glass barrier and joined Valkyrie's and Thor's sides at the high-tech table.

Many suggestions of allies were tossed around, including the military, the Ravangers, Miles Morales, Captain Marvel, Nova, and the Dora Milaje.

Thor looked at Loki, a questioning look upon his face. Loki glanced up to his adopted brother from the holographic table map and back down again. "Don't say it. I know what you are thinking, and it is pointless," Loki muttered.

"Brother, we need all the help we can get," Thor prodded. "Her knowledge and magic is useful."

"Wait," Tony butted in. "Who or what are you talking about?"

"Sigyn," Thor blurted out. "The Goddess of Fidelity."

~

"Loki, is this another one of your tricks?" Exclaimed Thor as they wandered around a poor neighborhood on a farming planet.