Chapter 12

He was never a man who liked too much noise, yet hated complete silence. He sat outside, his back resting against the rocking chair that looked as though it was abandoned for many years then was used quite harshly and often. The woven wood was sticking out and frayed, it poked through the thin cloth that rested on the man's back. But he wouldn't dare replace it or move it, as it had the most wonderful view. His grey eyes, although old and tired, held a spark of familiarity and peace.

The soft wind that whistled and caressed his wrinkled skin and grey hair was warm and comforting, as if someone had just hugged him, their heat lingering behind. His old lungs rattled when he inhaled a deep breath, the smell of flowers and of last night's faint smell of rain pranced through his nose. He exhaled the soft smells and closed his eyes,

"I wish the world was this way." He spoke, his eyes glanced at the sky, his eyes trained on a certain stop as he watched a bird glitch out of existence. "I know it's unhealthy, but you can't make me leave, Parker."

"You always know when someone's near you, huh, Strange." The new voice was hoarse, as if they just recently ran a marathon through the dry desert air and forgot to bring a drink.

"You always were bad at sneaking up on people, you're skills are fading away." He removed his eyes from the sky and towards the ground, "Just like me, I suppose."

"You know what this means, Strange."

"Peter-"

"I'm too old, I'll admit it." Wrinkles had already placed themselves on his once young face, "But Miles, Miles isn't."

"Miles is a child, and I will not send him through dimensions."

"We don't exactly have anyone else," The once teenage Peter Parker was now older, his grey hairs poking through his brown hair, his hazel eyes that once held wonder and excitement was now just desperate and tired.

"He could die."

"Slowly everyone on Earth is, the outbreak was too strong, it'll only be days, months, years until all life on Earth is gone." They both knew this, that the Earth was slowly dying. In this dimension, there was no fighting, no warning, they could have won, everyone was prepared. But they were too late when Thanos gathered all of the stones. He saved Earth for last, he took the stones easily, and just as easily he snapped his fingers. The United States of America blamed the deaths on a crazy deadly biological weapon by the North Koreans, the North Koreans blamed the United States of America, and the rest of the world teamed up with one of the two fighting sides. World War III took place and wiped out even more people, the everlasting effects of the nuclear weapons would slowly kill the rest of life on Earth.

"Limited time on Earth, that's why I stay in here. Illusion or not, it's where I want to die." Strange smiled lightly, his eyes staring at the butterflies that circled around his chair before bouncing away. "That boy should not have to die in another dimension."

"He won't die, he'll save everyone. He can do it."

"It's a one way trip, the risk is too great. You know all of this." Doctor Strange turned to Peter, "Why must you bring this up?"

"We both know your powers are fading everyday, and Miles is our only hope. You and I both know time is limited for us."

"It's a one way trip, by the time I finish transporting him, I'll have nothing left. You would have to watch me die." Strange's eyes stared at Peter, "If I do this, Miles will be gone, and I would die shortly after."

"I'm okay being alone, if Miles is okay on doing this." Peter placed his hand on the old doctor's shoulder, "If it could save the world, I will do it."