Chapter Seven: Teammates

It was lunchtime by the time Sora found out exactly who her teammates were exactly, and she was quietly committing them to memory.

She just prayed she didn't get the twins mixed up.

Their names were far too similar.

Eir and Eisa.

Sora knew she'd probably mix them up at least once, but she doubted they'd be too fussed. They seemed to call each other 'twin' a lot, anyway, though she wouldn't dare intrude on that. It seemed to be something the two of them kept between themselves.

Oz, their delightful instructor, had dubbed them the Straw Siblings and left them at that. Though he occasionally mixed it up with Twin Number One and Twin Number Two. Sora couldn't quite work out which one was which, since they both answered to either.

Silver had earned the nickname Granny, and Sora wouldn't lie and say she couldn't see where Oz was coming from.

Her hair was silver.

So it was obvious who that nickname was for.

Raelynn clashed with her far too much, the pair butting heads over anything, and Sora could safely say she was relieved.

As much as she Raelynn was a good friend, she was also a very loud and obnoxious one.

Silver could deal with it, she hoped.

The last two members of their team were a girl named Beatrice and a boy named Callum, who Oz had named Redhead and Scaredy-Cat respectively.

Beatrice was tall, nearly level with their instructor's shoulder, her skin a dark ebony – a sharp contrast to the deep red of her hair which had been woven into neat braids. Eyes of the darkest brown eyed her up briefly, a wide grin cracking at her lips as she greeted her cheerfully, her voice carrying a slight accent Sora somehow managed to place somewhere in the Southern Quadrant of Astal.

Callum, on the other hand, whilst tall, was stick thin compared to the curves pressed against him. Beatrice seemed to like hugging him, for reasons unknown to the rest of them.

Silently, Sora hoped they'd be explained to everyone soon.

The poor blonde-haired boy looked far too embarrassed. His hair was cut far too short to cover his cheeks, so there was no hiding the bright red blush on his tanned skin.

Together they made up a team dubbed by the unlucky number thirteen. Personally, Sora quite liked that number... at least until she found out about the history of all the other teams who'd had that number in common – that and the fact they'd all died. So it wasn't surprising their new team leader wasn't holding out much hope for them all.

They sat around the table, eyeing each other up as they ate, Sora shifting in her seat. She'd led them to the canteen with her sharp nose, Oz having left them to their own devices though she was fairly certain he was hovering nearby.

She could still smell him.

Though apparently nobody else had as sharp of a nose as her.

Hence why they were all gossiping about him.

"He's mean!" Raelynn grumbled, stretching out across the table like a cat, ignoring the glower Silver sent her way.

"Haven't you ever heard of the concept of personal space, peasant?" Silver hissed, shoving the blonde away from her.

Sora slumped in her seat quietly.

There they went again.

"So... Sora," Beatrice said, staring at her from across the table, her arms wrapped around Callum's chest, keeping him fixed in place next to her. "What do you think about our lovely new instructor?"