The Misfits

Callum and Beatrice tumbled out from one of the three unused archways, landing a pile of tangled limbs which the redhead seemed all too content to stay in. Two black cloaks hung from their shoulders different coloured tassels knotted around the front depending on the symbol drawn onto the soft black fabric.

The Misfits were almost complete... aside from one member who'd already apparently passed their test.

Sora dimly thought of who it could be, drawing blanks as she sat in the circle, unaware of the odd looks the others were casting her way.

"Oy, Sor..." Raelynn nudged her. "How do we get out—you're our Team Leader, remember?" She said, pushing down the memory of what each of Sora's limbs were capable of.

"Oh." Sora blinked, snapping back to her senses. "Well, there are only two archways that haven't been used." She said, pointing at the north and south edges of the room according to the compass drawn above them on the ceiling.

One of them belonged to the test for the Titan Cloak, whilst the other had to lead them out of the dreary cave.

"I'm reckoning south." She spoke after a moments hesitation. "North represents earth... and the earth is strong and immovable... just like a Titan..."

"A Titan?" Silver glanced at her sharply. "What are you on about, peasant?"

Sora closed her eyes, knowing she might as well explain what the blasted old lady—who she'd kick into next week should they ever meet again—had told her what felt like hours ago. "Each of our cloaks have names." She said, staring at the ground. "Which in turn are what we're called now too, since we bear them..."

"Names?" Beatrice perked up, an unfortunate Callum still stuck in her arms.

"I'm the Monster." Sora smiled, pointing at herself. "You're the Ifrits." She said, her finger falling on the twins. "Raelynn's the Salamander..."

"Sweet."

"Beatrice is the Fox."

The twins laughed. "Of course..."

"Callum is the Inugami."

"What the hell is that?!" The befuddled blonde boy stuttered, his cheeks an alarming shade of red as Beatrice whispered something in his ear.

Sora rolled her eyes, knowing it was no doubt something very inappropriate by the way Callum's eyes disappeared into the back of his head, his body colliding with the stone floor with a soft thud. "The Titan isn't here—they already passed their test before we even came along."

"And me?" Silver's voice was unusually soft, an odd gleam of excitement in her eyes. "I—I mean... hurry up and say it already. We don't have time to waste."

"Shenlong."

Silver nodded.

"Together we're the Misfits." Sora smiled. The name was growing on her.

"Hmm..." The silver-haired girl nodded once more, seemingly content with their groups new moniker. "Not bad..."

"That's an insult!" Raelynn scowled. "You remember what that girl called us, don't you?! The exact same thing."

"We're a band of misfits, Rae." Sora said, eyes darting over to meet the outraged brown ones. "That doesn't mean we can't be an awesome team..."

"Well..." She trailed off, having lost her steam.

"South?" Eisa asked, proving herself to be the more sensible of the duo as she stood, gaze flickering to the archway Sora had pointed at.

"Sounds good, twin."

Eisa smiled, effortlessly lightening the mood of their group. "I guess we'll be leading the way then." She said, stepping towards the dark entranceway they were pinning their hopes on.

"Right behind you." Raelynn said, trailing closely after the twins as they hesitantly stepped into the passageway.

"Don't dally then, peasant." Silver strode ahead of the enraged blonde.

"That—"

"Come on, Rae." Beatrice smiled, an unconscious Callum draped over her back evidently having something to do with the terrifying grin creeping over her face. "It's dark so we don't want to fall behind."

"Yeah." Sora finally stood, trudging into the dark corridor, pausing mid-step as a voice rang out.

"Be careful, Gold. The Monster can only hide you for so long..."

Her head whipped around, but there was nothing there.

Only an eerie empty room.

"Silver is coming."