Like Rider, Like Dragon

All their eggs were in the hatchery, having been moved there a day previously. It was procedure, according to Oz... but that still hadn't stopped them from panicking when they came back one evening to find their eggs missing from their rooms. Fortunately Oz, their loving instructor, had been close enough to hear their frantic screams. Though that hadn't stopped him from simply watching for ten minutes laughing his head off, before finally telling them where their precious eggs had vanished off to.

"Right." Oz mumbled, shepherding them towards the hatchery. "Let's go and find out who's going to meet their cute little dragon."

The seven of them smiled, Sora less so, and followed him towards the tall grey-brick castle. The stone had an odd purplish tinge to it, the windows tall and narrow occasionally letting them catch glimpses of other Dragon Riders strolling around inside.

Oz pulled on the large brass handle, cranking open the large wooden door standing between them and their destination. "Come on." He said, striding into the large entrance hall. "Young dragons tend to be rather impatient."

"Was yours?" Sora tilted her head, remembering they hadn't seen hide nor hair of Oz's dragon... not while they were conscious at least.

"No." A smile the seven teens had never seen before curled at his lips. "Mine wasn't."

"Oz." A tall white-haired man greeted their leader, wrinkles lining his face unlike most of the rest of the dragon riders. He actually looked his age, oddly enough. "About time you got here..." He said, the corners of his eyes crinkling up as he smiled at the seven of them. "I was beginning to worry Beckett had got lost... again..."

"Nah, Boss Man. I found them fine." Beckett grinned, running a hand through his brown hair as the seven teenagers turned their curious stares on him.

"Show us the way, Ty." Oz cut the blithering brunette off with a glare. "We've wasted enough time as it is."

"So mean..." Beckett slumped, watching as Oz led his little entourage down the halls.

"Two of your little dragons are actually hatching... The second one started about five minutes after the first... seems they didn't want to get left behind." Ty laughed, leading them through a maze of corridors, before finally reaching a small wooden door. "All your eggs are in here. Room 37D. Best remember that, just in case I'm not around."

Oz merely nodded, holding the door open for each of them.

"Not ours, twin." Eisa mumbled softly, instantly seeing their two golden eggs resting on their own cushions inside the heated room.

"Aww..." Eir groaned.

Sora stepped into the room, eyeing the two dragons that'd hatched what must've been only minutes before. They were small and tiny, their tiny teeth just about visible as the scaly infants yawned. Neither was hers, her odd-looking egg tucked into a warm cushion at the back of the room, but she was fairly sure she could guess exactly whose dragons they were.

The silvery one sat tall, a strange haughty look on its face as it perched on its cushion, silver reptilian eyes examining each of the occupants... well, aside from Raelynn, pointedly ignoring the blonde with a twist of its head.

"Oy!" Raelynn scowled.

A smaller reddish dragon sat on another cushion in the ruins of its egg, eyeing up the irate blonde with amber eyes so bright they could've been glowing, before it engulfed itself in fire with a small sneeze.

The silver dragon scoffed, looking away from the sight, jumping off the cushion just in time to avoid the fireball that spewed from the red dragon's mouth.

"Ivana." Silver whispered, smiling slightly as the silvery dragon approached her.

"Nice to meet you too." The voice echoed around Silver's and Sora's minds. "Thanks for saving me from having to deal with that idiot..."

"Hey!" A new voice rang out, Sora wincing at the volume of the feminine voice.

"That's your dragon?" Beatrice glanced at the girl and her dragon, dragging Sora out of the mental conversation. "It's cute..."

"She."

"Huh?"

"She. Not it."

"Oh." Beatrice blinked, eyes wide as a stream of fire shot by her, narrowly missing her face.

Oz twitched, the patch of charred brickwork only inches from his own head. "Three guesses who's little beast that is..." He muttered, watching as Raelynn went and picked up said little beast.

"Aww... So cute..." She grinned, staring into the amber eyes, watching as the dragon choked on the air, spewing fire into her face in the next second.

"Yeah," Silver intoned dryly, "so cute..." She rolled her eyes, watching as Raelynn fell back to the ground, her face black and slightly charred, her hair aflame seconds before water crashed into her, dousing the small flames as the red dragon curled up on her chest with a sigh of contentment.

Oz rolled his eyes, waving over the rest of his conscious students. "Come on. Training isn't over just yet." He said, grabbing Raelynn by the collar despite the squawk of protest from her tiny dragon. "You've still got another five laps of the city to complete."

"Ugh..." Sora's shoulders sunk.

"Seriously, twin?"

"Yep."

"Come on, Cal." Beatrice sighed, all but pulling along the exhausted boy, who seemed to slowly but surely be getting used to her strange ways. "Let's go and try not to die while we're at it..."