peter parker - father's day

a.n, angst + fluff. possible trigger warning with mentions of death of a parent & an absent father. i'll write this as respectfully as a can- as i have my experiences- but i'm sorry if i offend or upset anyone. -not a request-

Peter let's out a shaky breath- entering the school's halls. He would normally find something bright and colourful in these corridors, maybe the pale yellow floor- or the patterned walls.

"Hey Peter," Ned half whispers, placing a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder.
A silence falls over the two, Ned not finding the words he wants to comfort his friend.
"I know that today-"
"It's fine," Peter's voice barely audible, wavering slightly. That's a lie, and both Ned and him know that. The boys collect what they need in silence, and they walk to form together, with no words being shared.

This continues throughout the day- until lunch arrives. The father's day lunch allowed all the kids to have their dad's in school, and spend some time with them.
"I told you before, I don't have to do this,"
"And I told you before that I don't want to take this away from you. Please, enjoy your dad's company,"
Ned nods slightly, pulling Peter in for a tight hug. He pats Peter again,
"(y/n)'s in the library by the way, thought you'd like to know,"
"Thank you, Ned,"
"Of course,"

Peter turns from his best friend, heading to his other best friend. His trainers scuff the empty halls- the only other sound being his light humming.

"(y/n)?"
"I'm here Peter,"
The boy takes a turn to one of the large tables, seeing you sat cross legged on one of the chairs.
You have your head stuck into a book, one headphone dangling- to keep an ear out for Peter. You look up at him, meeting his brown eyes, and allow a small smile to cross your face.
"How are you holding up?"
"I'm okay,"
You huff a little in amusement, patting the chair next to you. Peter obliges, sitting to your left, copying your legs.
"That's a lie,"
Peter looks at you, finding himself in those damned eyes- the colour never seeming to leave his mind.
"...yeah, I guess it is,"

The two of you sit in silence, not like Ned's silence, this time it's comfortable. You don't struggle to find the right words, because you know there aren't any.

"Y'know, I feel like we shouldn't group each other together,"
"Why's that?" The boy asks, taking a bite from his sandwich.
"I don't miss my dad- you do,"
Peter swallows, finding it harder than usual. You continue, your voice gentle, hushed.
"He was an asshole, to be honest with you. Good riddance in my opinion. I'm happier with him gone than when he was around,"
Peter slowly nods in approval, remembering all the times you'd text him at night, explaining everything.
"I can tell,"
You look at the boy, your eyebrows slightly raised in confusion.
"You can?"

Peter chuckles a little,
"Of course I do. I care about you, (y/n). If I didn't notice then I'd be a bad friend,"
You smile to yourself,
"I guess you're right,"

The silence falls again. Peter looks at you, and simply admires all the features he can. Your nose, your eyes, your lips, your hair. That little smile you do when you're slightly amused- the way you stick your tongue out when you're concentrating on something.

"Thank you,"
"Hmm?"
Peter embraces the warmth in the chest you give him, and he smiles broadly at you.
"For just sitting with me. I know it sounds stupid-"
Your hand lays perfectly on his, your fingers intertwining ever so slightly. Peter looks at the hands, to you, and back to the table. He takes his hand away, a rush of panic flooding you. He quickly diminishes this- taking your hand and fully intertwining his fingers with yours. You glance at each other, the faintest pink dusting your faces.

"It doesn't sound stupid Peter," you almost whisper, afraid of this being a dream and you end up waking.
"You need some peace, some quiet, away from all the families,"
You move your chair a little closer to his, a grin forming on the brunette's flushed face.
"..and that's okay,"
Peter runs his thumb over yours in circles, making it just a little more intimate, pushing whatever this is further from the 'friendship' line. He lets out a breath, the warmth in his chest becoming hotter and hotter.

This time, you look at him. You take in his blushed face, the red tips to his ears, the slight scarlet of his neck. His brown, coffee- chocolate- earth eyes. His pink, parted lips, which look too inviting. They form into a grin, flashing his perfect teeth.

Peter chuckles, placing a hand delicately on your face. He tucks a piece of your hair behind your ear, admiring the softness.

"I miss him,"
His voice is quiet, timid. You nod slowly, commending his honesty. You continue not to say anything, instead you slowly bring yourself to Peter's chest. He greets you with open arms, taking his right arm and securing it around your waist. He pulls you closer, your legs intertwining under the table. You take your right hand and intertwine it with the one around your waist- your other hand falling into his on your lap.

"I know you do," you mumble, letting your head fall onto his shoulder. Peter kisses the top of your head, the silkiness of your hair loitering on his lips and cheeks. He catches a whiff of your scent- and it filters to every particle of his body. Spring, daises, freshly washed sheets, and the greenest of meadows. Peter closes his eyes, allowing a single tear to fall. He paints patterns on your waist, the slight movement causing a happy hum from you.

His chest moves unevenly, as he attempts deep breaths with small, shallow, erratic ones. You calm him slightly, whispering sweet nothings to the boy. The beating of his heart drums loudly in your ears, and it's not long until it slows again.

"It's okay Peter," you say, "...I'm here,"
He takes a final deep breath, the tears no longer running down his face.
"You are?" he questions. His uncertainty swims around his head- as he attempts to find some stability to hold onto.

You pull away from him, your hand resting against his chest and his still loosely wrapped around your middle.
"Yes, Peter," you answer- making sure to look him directly in his eyes.
"I'm not leaving you,"

With that, you plant a small kiss on his lips. You pull away almost instantly, and Peter misses them just as quickly. You smile at him, sitting back in your chair, and leaning your head against his chest. He twirls your hair slightly, the biggest grin not leaving his face.

"Thank you,"
"Stop thanking me, Peter. I like this just as much as you do,"

The two of you laugh, happily cuddled in each other's arms.

a.n, i watched homecoming again tonight so sorry(?) for another peter chapter. i was just feeling soft for my baby boyy💞