t'challa - why not me? [r]

a.n, !! smut !! - requested by @PurpleKeithy -
(sorry updates are slow, schools getting heavy & I watched infinity war, so motivating myself to write marvel is kinda a hard task)
also,, i've made the reader bi in this? didn't mean to but it kinda happened. sorry if that makes anyone uncomfortable!

Your head is pressed against the wall, your right leg leaning vertically against the white plaster. You let a deep sigh leave your lips as you do the same with your left, stretching your aching muscles. Stepping back, you kick your legs up against the wall again, now in a handstand position.
"Fuck," you whisper to yourself, watching T'Challa as he walks towards you.

"Good morning, (y/n), I see you're preparing for training," His voice rolls of his tongue in his beautiful accent, the melody floating to your ears.
"As any good soldier should," you laugh a little, kicking yourself back into a standing position. You lean back again, pulling your body into the bridge, stretching your muscles to prepare for the upcoming hours.

Much to your ignorance, you don't notice T'Challa's lingering eyes. He takes in your perfectly flexible body- how it seems to flow like a waterfall. You continue your stretches, leaning your stomach across the wooden floor as your legs lay in the splits. The king licks his lips subconsciously, images of what he could do with such elasticity flickering through his brain.

You can feel his presence above you, laughing a little.
"Are you going to stand there all day?"
You abruptly jump up, facing him immediately, his eyes widening in slight shock.
"I don't see why I can't enjoy the view once in a while,"
"Oh yeah?" you jest, elbowing him in the ribs.
"How about you look at some trees or something, I'm sure they'd be more entertaining than my ass,"

T'Challa laughs at this, holding his stomach-
"You fucking wish,"
"Oh I do," you call back to him, pacing across the large hall, gathering your weapon of choice.
"Because maybe then I can actually train, rather than prance around for your enjoyment,"

The panther shakes his head, his lips still stuck in a wide toothed grin. The sexual tension between you two had been like this since you met, only you decided to be friends.. for some reason. This lead to where you are now- joking and teasing- pretending that the urges aren't truly there.

It's stupid, really, that this is your relationship with the king. Both of you acknowledge your feelings, both of you are aware of the other- and yet both of you do nothing.

You spin the dagger in your right hand, pairing up with another soldier for some healthy parring. You win, of course, and offer a hand to the woman below you.
"Thank you, (y/n), you truly are a wonderful warrior," You hoist her up to face you, and thank her for the compliment.
"I hope that I'll be as fearsome as you are one day,"
You smile at her brightly, her admiration for you gleaming in her dark brown eyes.
"I'm sure you will be,"
She nods, still facing you, her feet stuck to the wooden floor.
"Do you-? Would you mind if I, possibly, took you out some time?"

The question startles you, as well as T'Challa. He drops the metal spear he was holding, his mouth a-gape at the scene unfolding before him. Yes, you two are friends, so yes you could see other people, but bubbling jealousy takes over his body.

"Well, I-"
"If you're not into girls that's totally okay! I may have read the situation wrongly, if- if so then-"
"I'd love to,"
Her face forms into a beautiful smile, hugging you tightly before pulling back.
"How about Saturday at 7? I know training-"
"(Y/N!)"

Both of your heads snap directly to T'Challa, who's voice is still echoing through the hall. His left fist is clenched behind his back, as the embarrassment of his actions flows over him.
"Can I speak to you in private?"
You smile to the girl, insisting that you'll be back to get the date sorted. She nods, happily, watching you follow the king out of the training room. As soon as you're out of sight, and into a small hallway, you push T'Challa aside.