Chapter Eight

May 4, 2018

Over two weeks had passed.

Time to communicate was difficult to find since both Jonah and Eliska were constantly jumping across time zones and states, but they managed.

In her mind, he had become so much more than a famous nineteen year old on tour with his four best friends. He had become the one who had started his musical career on his own, who loved the Harry Potter books more than any other series in the world, had a passion and talent for playing baseball, disliked shopping unless he was with the boys, and needed to have coffee every morning to start the day off right.

She was simultaneously unique and quirky to him with the fact she would always choose to sit on the kitchen counter rather than a chair, refused to eat before washing her hands, and read five to six novels a week.

She told him about her home life, that her mother and younger brother, Zane, stayed home in Southern Indiana while she and her father traveled. Her dad was the CEO of the First National Bank of America in the midwestern region of the United States; the career position required frequent traveling. She was a junior in high school, but due to her desire and love to see the world, she attending online schooling so that she could go with her dad wherever he went.

The seemingly boring parts of travel were her favorite ones, she told him. Sure, the airplane rides and bright colors of each city she visited were exhilarating and beautiful, but she cared more for the quiet moments, when she found a tiny coffee shop or bookstore tucked away from the chaos of outside where she could lose herself for hours at a time within a book.

He didn't know what his future with her was, if there was one at all, but he was okay with not knowing for a little while.

He turned his phone off and shoved it in his pocket, glancing at Corbyn, who raised a suggestive eyebrow in his direction. Jonah shot him a look that he hoped feigned annoyance and shook his head slightly.