Happy Birthday

The word is... Birthday.

It was June 15th and Natalie Tsuyosa had just returned from a week long mission with Yuu Kanda, Kylie Tsuyosa, and Noise Marie. Natalie was admittedly glad to be home since she had spent the last week sharing a room with Marie having next to nothing to talk about. That wasn't actually terrible, in fact she actually enjoyed the time she spent with the friendly giant, but she would have enjoyed it more if Kanda and her sister hadn't been in the next room over. She loved her sister and she loved the Japanese man who had become a brother to her since they had been in the order, but those two never seemed to stop... They would argue and argue about something stupid and then promptly have very angry makeup sex soon after. When the two weren't cooped up in the same room together and the group was looking for clues the sexual tension was so high that Marie and Natalie actually thought Kanda and Kylie were gonna do it right there in public.

Anyway... Not the point... The day was grey and gloomy much like Natalie's overall mood, but the trio behind her stayed silent as she disappeared down the hall towards Komui Lee's office. Natalie had been distant since they had left Paris and it didn't seem like it was going to let up anytime soon, but the group had already made arrangements. It was only a matter of finishing the final touches and making sure Natalie didn't find out about their scheme. It also counted on Kylie and Kanda being able to keep their hands to themselves for longer than two minutes. The three smiled to themselves when Natalie disappeared into Komui's office and they all quickly made their way to the cafeteria passing by some of their friends who were also heading in that direction for the big reveal.

***

Komui was sitting at his desk hurriedly working through some files so that the science division would be ready for the festivities Kylie had carefully planned out for that evening. Even Levellie seemed to be working more diligently than normal with Inspector Link handing him documents and then disappearing back out the door. Natalie had noticed the hard working men when she entered the room and for a moment she thought she was dreaming. After all, it wasn't often Komui worked this hard without her constantly pestering him over his shoulder. Hell, even Levellie had given Natalie a nod of acknowledgement instead of making a crude comment as he often did when she was around him.

"Okay... Who died?"

"No one I hope. What can I do for you Ms. Tsuyosa?"

"Uh... I came to tell you I was going to be out the rest of the day..."

"I see... Well I'd like you to take an escort."

"Komui I don't need a babysitter..."

"It's for your own protection..."

Natalie rolled her chocolate brown orbs knowing the real reason he was assigning her an escort was because after the battle in the arc no one seemed to trust her anymore. She didn't particularly blame the group of fighters, but she had only wanted to spend the day in the cemetery and the last thing she needed was to have a babysitter watch her slowly break down into a pile of sobbing freak show. She went to the cemetery every year on the 15th of June and no one had had an issue with it until that one battle so Natalie knew Komui wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. It wasn't long before the office door opened once more and Inspector Link walked into the room standing at attention beside Levellie like a good little soldier.