The beautiful Misunderstanding

Heya people. Now the wait is officially over. Time for the reunion of the two central characters of my book.

And it's first time the POV of the Prince Aditya.

Prince Aditya's POV

I was sleeping peacefully in the chambers that were provided to me. I had returned from the neighbouring kingdom of Surajgadh today itself. I had no idea why father wanted me to get married so soon. I even hadn't seen the face of the princess. As I reached to the palace today, I met her three sisters. All of them were so beautiful. So I guess my bride too must be very beautiful. I didn't get time to ask any of my sources to gather any information about her.

As soon as I entered the kingdom, I was impressed by its development. People looked so happy here. There was peace everywhere. Moreover I was astonished by the infrastructure. I always thought that there was no match for the development of my kingdom but I was proved wrong. The King clearly cared about his kingdom and his people. That's why he wanted to avoid battle and the bloodshed. But why he wanted to get his daughter married? I mean we would have helped him irrespective of the occurrence of this marriage. I had heard that my father specifically demanded the hand of the Princess Naintara. Why? Maybe because she was the most beautiful princess of all the sisters. I couldn't wait to meet her. I simply smiled and went to sleep.

My sleep was disturbed at late night when I heard some noise. I am a light sleeper and due to my military training, I could simply wake up with the slightest sound.

As I opened my eyes, I could see a shadow hovering my bed. The person is hiding behind the curtains. I grab hold of the person's hand and try to pull him out of the curtain. However to my horror I find a lady, wearing simple clothes looking at me curiously.

"Who are you?" I demand but she blushes

"Who are you?" I demand again.

I find her sinking deep into thought process. I didn't  find her dangerous so I simply waited for her reply. I was amazed how she wasn't scared of my amazing anger outburst. As if
she had no effect of me unlike other girls.

Suddenly with a bright smile, she introduces herself to me "Greetings to your majesty. I am the head servant of the princess Naintara. She has sent me to tell you that with greatest regret she couldn't wed you. However she could arrange your wedding with any of her beautiful  sister that you desire"

I wonder why the Princess wanted to cancel the wedding at last moment? That too without any reason. And why did she send her servant instead of meeting me herself? That was so rude on her part.

I look at the servant girl. She seemed to be engrossed into her thoughts. I was impressed by her. My chamber doors were closed which meant she must have had climbed the fort and came down via the window. As a note of appreciation, I remove my emerald ring and give it to her. She gazed at me stupefied. I guess no one in the royal family had ever given  her any gift.

I looked at her. Realisation suddenly hit her and she wore the ring abruptly. She bowed and thanked me, murmuring something to herself. It looked as if she was enjoying the game and was mocking me. It angered me.

"Why are you laughing at me?" I demanded angrily.

"Nothing your majesty." She made a serious face. Then she came close to me and gave me the ring I had gifted her. "I don't take gifts from random strangers. Thank you." She murmured. Before I could say anything, she turned around and requested "Your highness please cancel the wedding." And took the rope and jumped out of window. I went to the window and saw her climbing inside the chamber situated right above my chambers. I guess that's where the princess Naintara's chambers existed.

However I was deeply angered by the actions of the Princess. What would people think if they come to know that I had cancelled the wedding with me. It would be like a big insult to King Indrajeet and his family Even it would affect the goodwill of my Father and my kingdom. No. I wouldn't cancel the wedding. If the princess has a problem with it, she would handle a blow to her big ego. I didn't care. I would marry her tomorrow.