Crashing his ego

Aditya's POV

It was an hour of emergency. One of the most powerful King threatened to attack our kingdom. Of course instead of bowing in front of him and asking for mercy, we decided to fight for our land. But the problem was, how. It was because our army wasn't higher in number unlike theirs. Moreover their arms were more advanced than ours. We had great archers but those were few in number compared to theirs.

While we all gathered around in father's study, standing around a huge mahagony table on which the map of the battlefield was lying. We all were simply looking at it, engrossed deep in our thoughts when suddenly we heard the familiar sound of chiming of anklet bells and we all instantly knew she was there.

(I have removed the picture due to various comments:):) so people pls feel free to imagine the protagonist of in your way:):)

But this time she had a winning smile. "I have got a brilliant idea" she almost jumped with the joy. She had discarded her heavy saree with jewellery and was dressed up in clothes of our soldier men. She even didn't wear any footwear. I guess she loved being wild.

She stopped in front of the table and didn't care to bow down in front of me. However she bowed in front of my father. While everyone was looking at her with the shock in their face, she gave them a look which made them bow down their heads. It looked as if she had an aura of a war strategist.

I looked at my father who signalled me to stay calm.

" So what is your idea daughter?" Asked my father. I was shocked to hear him use the word 'daughter' which he used to address only my sister.

" your majesty" she smiled " I have studied the geography and the location of the battlefield. And I must say that we are on advantage. You see the ground isn't flat. It is surrounded by hills and the mountains and people in your kingdom know the place like the back of their hand."

While she was speaking, everyone was spellbound. Her time implied some words of wisdom.

"Now instead of attacking them at front, we can have a guerilla warefare ie we could hid in the crevices of the mountains and attack them with our weapons. They have elephants and we have horses. Our horses are suitable for travelling in the mountainous regions. Your kingdom has greatest of the archers so we would place them in the strategic locations."

"Moreover" she continued "their only strength is open battlefield. So we can dig the holes in the little open ground from where they would enter an try to attack us. Their elephants won't be able to withstand the holes."

" your weapons are a bit outdated. Worry not we can modify them" she assured.

Everyone was dumbfounded. Even I felt respect for her. My father clapped and patted her head. I was speechless. We decided to go with her plan and she insisted to visit the armour production house at evening and examine the arms personally. She claimed that the war would be over without much bloodshed from our side. We can't agree more. Her plan sounded perfect.

Naintara's POV

I retired to my room after the discussion. Even though I had my breakfast in my chamber itself, it was good to have the lunch with so many people. I was curious about what kind of family I got so it felt nice meeting to Aditya's distant and close relatives and friends. They all were so adorable. Of course I managed to piss off her aunt who wanted me to talk about girly stuff. But I have always been the rebel, the wild one. And that won't change with my marriage.

I heard a knock on my door. The maid announced that the prince wished to see me. Did I tell you how handsome he looked today? I couldn't even look eye to eye with him. I knew if I would do that, I wouldn't be able to stop myself blushing and that would be the last thing in the world for him to know that I liked him.

I cried last night because I expected him to be a gentleman and console me that looks aren't everything. But he didn't say anything and I left his room last night.

My chain of thoughts were broken when I heard a slight coughing sound.  It was my husband standing in front of me.

"Does it ever occur to you that you should stand up and bow in front of your husband as a sign of courtesy?"  He remarked sarcastically

"I believe that marriage is equal partnership so there is no need to treat the other partner as a superior. I don't bow in front of anyone except my elders. And if you are so much into that, you can bow in front of me and I would happily return the greetings to you" I replied. I was arrogant and modesty didn't suit me. And I didn't care.

"I had came here to praise your wit and intelligence that you showed today. Everyone obeyed you today but remember that not everyone is so lucky always" he warned me.

" people obey me because I deserve that. I was the Commander In General of my Kingdom's army and I have single handedly won more than half century of the battles under my leadership. Your father acknowledges my talent and you too better learn to treat me with respect"  I replied back and to avoid confrontation, I left the room and went to the balcony.

Sorry people this chapter was inevitable. But worry not from next chapters I shall incorporate more and more Naintara and Aditya's scenes. Just wanted to build the base via this chapter