The Wedding Night

Prince Aditya's POV

I was tired and bored by all the wedding rituals. I wanted to meet my bride alone and ask her questions. I wanted to see her beautiful face. But the rituals were never ending. Finally every rituals were over and she was made to sit in 'palkhi', ie a carriage where a bride is made seated in order to travel to her husband's placed.

 Naintara's POV

Naintara's POV

I was made seated in prince's chambers. My face was still covered with veil. His chamber was so large. It could easily fit two equivalent rooms of mine. It was beautifully decorated with roses and Diyas. We were expected to consummate our marriage that night. I was terrified.

I heard the footsteps of the prince. He closed his chamber doors. As soon as he came close to me, my heartbeats started increasing. I had never been terrified even during the war. Do or die situation seemed easier than what I was facing. He gently touched his hands with mine and I got electric shocks in my body. I closed my eyes when he lifted my veil.

I opened my eyes to see the shock on his face.

"You? What are you doing here? Where is the princess Naintara?" He asked

"Don't you get it? I AM PRINCESS NAINTARA?" I stressed every word of my last statement.

And then it seemed to hit him. He held his head and sat down on the bed next to me defeated.

"I know you expected me to be super beautiful person. That's why I came to warn you to call off the wedding the other night. So that you won't regret your decision. But you didn't call off the wedding" I said

"But why would I call off the wedding? So that my family had to look bad in front of the people? So that my kingdom would earn a bad reputation? Imagine what would your parents have felt? Atleast you could have thought about that" he offered his explaination.

"I even went to his Highness, your father to request him to call off the wedding but he didn't. Even my parents didn't support my idea of meeting you a day prior to marriage." I cleared

I could easily see he was furious and clearly disappointed. For the first time in my life I hated myself. I was dusky in complexion which was against the standard of beauty. Though I had big beautiful eyes, my hair wasn't shiny or lustrous. I never paid attention on my looks inspite of constant pleadings from my mother as I was busy handling huge army of my kingdom. I regretted that now.

The prince sat next to me. His eyes on the floor. He was thinking something.

He turned to me. Before he could speak anything, I spoke in a low firm but polite tone "Your majesty, could you please ask someone to accompany me to my own chambers? I believe that a marriage must be consummated only when there is love or even some degree of attraction between the bride and the groom. Seeing none of them in our case, I beg your pardon and ask your leave"

The prince looked into my eyes and nodded. I called for a servant and asked him to show me my room.

My room was giant and beautiful. It was also cozy and comfortable. I got dressed in simple clothes and fell into sleep. It wasn't hard because I was tired with the stress and rituals that I did while day.