The wedding

Naintara's POV

I slept peacefully after I notified the prince about my request to cancel the wedding. Though I could see only his face due to dim lighting, i could definitely tell that he had a powerful aura and a great handsome face. If I would have been beautiful, I would have felt deserving and therefore happy. I only felt sorry for lying to him about being the servant of the princess. But what could I have done? If I would have told him that I was princess Naintara herself, then he would have told everyone that I looked ugly and that's why he was calling off the wedding. And the news about my looks would have spread far and wide. It was good that he had not seen me yet. And even if his marriage gets finalised with any of my sisters, I wouldn't show him my face on his wedding. I didn't want him to think me as a liar.

Anyways I was happy for meeting him. I didn't give him any reason for the request to call off the wedding but he could think whatever he wanted. I would not mind.

When I woke up in the morning I saw my parents standing in front of me. Their faces sad. I anticipated the news of the prince breaking the ties with me. However to my horror my parents declared that they were sad because it was my last day in the palace and they would miss me.

I was shocked. Why the hell the prince hasn't called off the marriage? I decided to be patient and wait for him. Maybe he would cancel it on the last moment. I knew it would sadden my family members but it was for his and my better future.

I waited and waited but he didn't cancel the marriage. The final moment arrived. My sisters took me to the aisle. I was wearing saree and heavy jewellery. My face was covered with veil. So the prince wasn't able to see my face. I could see from the translucent veil that everyone, from my family members to his family members and all the important kings from neighbourhood and dignitaries had arrived to attend my wedding. The hall consisted of thousands of people including the citizens of my kingdom who had gathered around to witness the wedding. Now I knew that I was doomed to marry him.

I turned towards the prince. Damn he looked so handsome. Last night I wasn't able to see him except his face because of the dimmed lights. But how, I could clearly see his muscular frame. His face had a glow of a able warrior.

When the priest asked me to put my hand on his hand, I could feel his calloused rough hand. This was the hand of a warrior. The small deep wounds in his hands signified his battles that he must have fought in past. To be frank, he seemed to be like my dream man. But was I his dream girl? I sighed.

As if by magic, the prince heard me sighing. He gently whispered "princess Naintara, I can't wait to see your beautiful face."

And then I couldn't stop worrying about the moment when he would actually see my face.