Chapter 7

After that disturbing display and the extreme disgust of scrubbing remnant blood off of the bar, we headed down to the station. I always felt like we were missing something important in my life and now I know what it is. 

We went to the station and Waverly handed in her info and then we went back to shortys and Waverly started cleaning the bar. I sat there drawing.

I heard the door open and someone walked in. It was a red-haired woman in a police uniform. We both watched as Waverly went to pour soda out of the tap and it sprayed her all over her shirt. I stifled a giggle but the other woman laughed.

"I didn't know shorty's had wet t-shirt contests?" she said to her. Waverly blushed "I keep on asking shorty to fix the taps" she said and tried to pat the wet stain dry with a towel.

"Nice one Waves" I said grinning. She rolled her eyes at me and continued the useless patting. 

"Hi I'm Nicole, Nicole Haught" she said shaking Waverly's hand. "And I'm Bond, James Bond" I said in a deep voice. She cracked a smile. Waverly rolled her eyes at me. 

"I'm Waverly Earp and this is clown is my sister Wyllow" she said introducing us. "Excuse me for having a sense of humor there drippy" I said laughing at her shirt that was dripping with soda.

"Waverly Earp? Your quite a popular girl around here" she said back. "That's our Waverly, the social butterfly" I responded. "Excuse me If I don't constantly have my sarcasm switch on" she shot back at me.

"Well, Officer Haught what brings you here so early?" Waverly asks. "Could I get a cappuccino to go?" she asks. "I'm so sorry but we're not actually open yet" Waves apologizes.

"Sorry my bad, it's just that when I see something I like I don't wanna wait" she said looking at Waverly. The look on my sister's face was priceless and I turned around and covered my mouth so that I wouldn't laugh. 

I'm guessing Officer Haught wasn't into dudes. "Ugh, my shirt is soaked. Would you mind...." she motioned to the Officer to turn around.  "Oh yeah sure" she said turning around.

Waves pulled her shirt over her head and then being her, got stuck in it. I didn't stifle my laugh this time and burst out laughing at her. "Not funny Wyll, help me" she said gruffly. "Nope" I said walking away. "Officer help?" she said laughing nervously.

"Oh yeah let me help you" she said walking over and helping her with her shirt. "Good thing your not some guy or this would be really awkward..." she said laughing. I choked out another laugh because it's obvious that the women was a lesbian.

The women was smiling at my sister and Waves says shyly "I...I owe you one". "Alright then how about you buy me that cup of coffee, are you free tonight?" she asked.

"Oh, I can't. I mean I'd l..l..like to but I have plans, I'm a planner. I like to know what I'm doing at least two or three days in advance. I'm in a relationship with a boy-man" she stuttered out.

"A boy-man" The women said with her eyebrows raised. "More like man child" I yelled from across the room

"Yep, I've been there. It's the worst" she said looking at Waverly with flirty eyes. "Hi have to pee" Waves said and went into the back room. I burst out lately "Thank you, making my sister feel awkward is the best" I said high-fiving her. She smiled and reached into her pocket and handed me a card.

"Give this to your sister when she finally dumps the man child" she said smiling. I saluted "Will do Officer". She grabbed her hat and put it on her head. "Call me Nicole" she said walking out and closing the door.

Waverly walks back in a minute later. "Well seems like you have a fan" I said to her. "Oh shut it" she replied blushing.

After a while of helping Waves set up for the day, I grabbed my phone and called Wynonna. "What's up kid?" she asked. 

"Please help me, Waverly is in her overly perky mode and I need some fresh air that doesn't stink of beer and sweaty man" I said wrinkling my nose at the now packed bar. 

"Ah, two of my favorite smells. I'll be there in ten" she said and hung up. Wynonna came and picked me up in Dolls van twenty minutes later, late as usual. She took me to the station while her and Dolls talked.

I helped myself to one of the pop tarts in the staff room. Inside was Officer Haught. "Hey Nicole" I said munching on one of the strawberry filled treats. "Wyllow Earp what are you doing here?" she asked confused.

"My sister works here now" I replied. "Oh is she the women with the scary guy that just threatened to arrest me for treason if I didn't knock on the door?" she said. 

I laughed "Sounds like you met Agent Dolls" I said nodding.

"Is he always like that?" she asked. I shrugged "Not sure, haven't seen him with a drink in him yet". 

The door behind us opened and in walked one of the most handsome guys I've ever seen. He had dark brown hair cut short and bright blue eyes. 

He was tall and he looked like hed gone to the gym every day since birth because the guy was ripped. "Oh, James your back. How was patrol?" Nicole asked the guy.

He shrugged "Same old. Nothing ever happens in this place". "Isn't that a good thing' I pointed out. He looked over as if just noticing me and replied "I guess but it does get boring having your only calls be a cat in a tree, that's what the fire departments for" He said.

 I laughed at that. "Hi I'm Wyllow, my sister works here now so I'll probably be seeing you a lot" I said. 

"I'm looking forward to it miss Earp"