Dish Duty (Chapter 8)

I wake up the next morning and last night seems like the longest night of my life. I honestly don't even remember how I made it back into the cabin and fell asleep in clean pajamas.

I don't feel like moving. I'm not tired, I just feel like I had a really long night. But I'm also excited for what the rest of this camp site has to bring. Turning over to the dresser by my bed, I see I have a text message.

It's from Elliot.

'Good morning [y/n]. Thanks again for last night.'

Aww. I immediately text back. 'Good morning Elliot! No problemo, and what a night it was.'

I suddenly have more energy to finally get out of bed and get ready for the day.

"You must have had fun last night sweetie, you and Cole came back pretty late from the kid activity" mom walks into my bedroom.

"Yeah, I did have fun. I met some nice people too so that helped a lot."

"That's great! Did you exchange numbers with any of them?"

"Yeah, so maybe I'll catch up with them sometime" I smile.

"Oh yes. Honey, don't let us hold you back, if you want to ever get together with these new friends, just let me know and have fun." mom responds heading back into the kitchen.

I follow her into the kitchen, "Mom, what is planned for today?"

"Well, we have options. But I was reading about the camp water park I thought would be fun."

I guess my whole face brightens up because mom starts laughing and responds, "Do I need to read about the other options?"

"Nope! That should be good!" I confidently laugh back.

"Good, after breakfast lets pack our bags. I'm going to meet Barbara on the porch."

After tidying myself up, I meet Riley in the bathroom where we are both doing our hair.

"[y/n], how was it last night?" she asks looking up at me.

"It actually turned out to be a good night.... I saw Elliot again and we exchanged numbers"

"Oh yay! That's so good. Maybe he'll hang out with us again... or just you haha"

"Haha, you never know!" I laugh.

Riley runs out of the bathroom to pick up the newspaper with dad and David. She rarely walks, she usually skips or runs from place to place.

I realize it's probably just Cole and I left in the cabin, unless any of the Apas came in. I decide to look around the cabin in search of any others. Walking into the living room, I see Cole and KJ laying on the couches sharing something with each other on the phone.

"Good morning" I smile walking in.

"Hey [y/n]! What's up?" KJ tiredly smiles back. He seems more like himself now than he had last night.

" I think after breakfast we might be going to the camp water park" I smile while sitting down next to Cole.

"No way! That park is sick!" KJ sits up fast. He then looks over at Cole. "Yo man, do you remember we went there a couple summers ago and we went on that super dark water slide that eventually whips you into the wave pool??"

"Oh right, that was fun. It's called The Twister. I think that was the summer I got sick too" Cole responds.

"That's right! Did you get sick from the water park?" KJ asks while checking out his tan.