A Day at the Beach(Chapter 19)

*Back to your POV*

"Have you two always been close?" I ask Elliot and his twin Rachel while we sit on the sand close by the ocean letting the waves crash into our feet.

"Pretty much" Rachel responds and then looks at Elliot, "would you agree?"

"Yeah, I mean being a twin is having someone who knows you so well and you know them so well" Elliot adds.

"That's awesome. I always wondered what it would be like to have a twin" I smile.

"So you have a brother and a sister?" Rachel asks while looking at me through her eyeglasses that have transitioned to sunglasses.

"Mhmm, yup. Riley is younger than me and Cole is older me."

"Do you ever fight?" Rachel asks with a bit of a chuckle.

"Yes, haha. But we are also close. I mean, how can you not fight from time to time?"

Rachel and Elliot look at each other and smile knowingly. It's almost as if they are thinking of the same argument through their twin telepathy.

"I'm guessing you both know what I'm talking about" I smile knowingly at them.

They both laugh and nod.

"What was it? What was the fight you two had?" I ask

"Well, it was more of us against Simon" Elliot responds playing with seashells nearby.

I feel my eyes widen.

"Simon had to babysit us once when we were younger" Rachel rolls her eyes, "and we kept asking him when Lili was coming over because later on as we got older, Lili would join Simon when he used to watch us."

"So he was getting annoyed that we kept asking" Elliot continues Rachel's sentence, "and he sort of blew up at us and yelled all over the place. But once he calmed down he asked us what he can do so we would stop annoying him."

"Really? So what did you two say?" I ask with all curiousness.

"We said we wanted to play hide-and-seek, and we ended up getting revenge on him by locking the door to his bedroom that he was in while he was counting for us, so we can just call Lili ourself" Rachel laughs.

"Oh my gosh, seriously? Then again, it is Simon we are speaking about so I'm sure you needed to something" I said trying to figure out this Simon a bit more.

"Yes, exactly" Rachel answered with all seriousness and then quickly added, "What was the biggest fight you ever had with Cole or Riley?"

I think.... "I wouldn't call it a fight, it's more of a prank.... one time when we were younger I put pillows under the blankets of my bed to make it look like I was asleep and I actually hid under my bed waiting for anyone to come in so I can jump out at them" I look up at them a bit embarrassed to see their reaction.

Elliot laughs and then manages to say, "That is actually really clever."

I smile, "Thanks. I think it was around Halloween and we were getting into the whole scary spirit"

"Did you scare your brother and your sister?" Rachel asks as she begins to stand up from her position on the sand.

"I think I ended up scaring Riley since we shared a room. But! But, Riley then got so into it, so she asked Cole to come in the room to show him something, and then I did the same thing to Cole." I respond squinting to look up at her.

She laughs and walks back to eat some snacks with her parents further down by their beach chairs.

Now it's only me and Elliot. Good.