The Crystal Ball (Chapter 12)

"Hey! There you two are!" dad welcomes us. Now dad and David have joined everyone on the sun chairs.

"Hi dad!" I smile going in for a hug.

"Did you two have fun? [y/n] I'm so glad your ear is better sweetie" mom smiles.

"Yeah, we had a nice time" I respond.

Cole looks relieved at my response and manages to say, "Yeah, we had fun hanging out together".

Everyone kind of just looks and doesn't respond.

"We have to get ready!" Jess exclaims.

"For what?" I ask.

"Did you see the signs? Tonight is the formal dinner at camp where everyone gets dressed up" Jess beams.

"Oh really? I love the formal dinners because they always have the DJ come to play music and games"I smile.

"And everyone dances" Ariel chimes in looking at all of us.

While everyone is talking, I'm thinking of Elliot. I hope he comes to the formal dinner as a guest and not as a worker. I check my phone and see I have a missed text from him reading, 'Dish duty went by quickly. Now I'm just deciding which suit to wear for later tonight. ;)"

Awww! Sounds like I will be seeing him. I text back, "Sounds good, I'll let you know what I think of it later tonight!"

I'm wondering if Cole will ask Lili to the formal dinner, and before I can wonder anymore I see him texting while speaking with KJ. They're both smiling and I hear KJ say "Congrats, man!" in the distance.

We all head back to our cabins to begin showering from the day and then making ourselves look all nice.

————————————————————————

After showering I put a calming gel in my hair to make my curls look nice. I then change into a black Lacey dress, the one where there is a see through style lace on my arms. After slipping on fancy shoes, just kidding... I slid into my silver Toms , I pull together my look with my golden heart locket necklace and matching gold stud earrings.

Riley walks in the room. "You look so pretty Riley" I glance over at her.

"Thanks! You do too" she smiles and does a twirl with her dress. She is wearing a dark green tie dye long sleeveless dress with a black cardigan. Her hair is also down with two braids tied together with a navy blue bow in the back.

While putting on her charm bracelet she asks me if I think Elliot will be at the dance.

"I think he will be because look!" I smile showing her our text conversation.

While reading she smiles a big grin and sings 'seasons of love' in delight.

"Riley, can you please stop singing?" Cole asks walking in wearing a dark grey suit with a deep red tie underneath. His hair is still wet and he begins combing it while using the mirror on the wall of our bedroom.

"Sorry Mr.Grumpy!" Riley replies purposely walking into our brother.

She's starting to turn silly. "Do you have any song requests Cole? Maybe I can sing a song you actually want to hear." Riley continues while now standing on the bed.

"No, I can't think of anything. Sorry." He replies back sarcastically still styling his hair.

Not the answer she wanted, yet it was the answer she expected. She proceeds to jump up and down on the bed and slowly begins humming to the tune of "spongebob squarepants".

That finally does it for Cole. "Alright Riley you have three seconds to stop this nonsense" he says sternly staring her down. "Three... two... one and a half.... one", still no end to the humming, "you've been warned!" Cole playfully screams and grabs Riley's foot making her fall to the bed on her back.

She's now laughing and picks up a pillow to hit Cole right in the face. Cole quickly grabs a pillow and wacks Riley right back.

"What's going on? You're going to mess up all your hair and outfits" mom walks in watching this fiasco.

"We just had to reconcile our differences" Riley giggles while getting off the bed and patting down her hair.

Mom looks over at Cole.

"Don't look at me, it was all self defense" Cole wide eye answers back.

"Anyway, make yourself look nice. I want to take a picture of you three" mom smiles taking out her phone.

Riley's all ready, so once Cole combs his hair back in place, we pile together and smile for mom.

"Aww, this is so nice" mom says looking at the pictures. She then adds, "let's take some pictures on the porch"

Walking out, dad says he wants to snap some shots too.

After about five minutes of picture taking, we meet up with the Apas and walk together to the dining hall.

Walking over I admire the beautiful lights that shine in the moonlight. White string lights encompass the trees and bushes to the dining hall.

Entering the dining hall, the light theme continues and I notice a sign that reads, 'Welcome to the Crystal Ball'.

"This is beautiful" I say to mom.

"Oh yes, absolutely lovely!" Mom agrees.

After we all pick our seat at the table with the Apas, we all part our own ways for the most part to reminisce with other camp guests and eat the cocktail food at the different buffet sections.

For me, I'm on a mission to find Elliot... and the pasta section.