Chapter 3

Maybe two nights later I noticed Bruce went into The Batcave. I followed him. I saw him put on his suit so I grabbed a blue cape with a hood and put it on and naturally, I followed him out into the warm night.
It was luck I kept up with him. A few times is thought he saw me but he never said a word so I just kept going. I stopped to take a break making sure I didn't loose sight of Bruce but he still disappeared. I sighed and stood up from my spot on the ground. I started running only to fall on the ground hard. I looked back and noticed my cape was caught under a bat shaped weapon.
"Why did you follow me" Batman demanded
"I was bored" I said trying to pull the Batarang but it was caught tight in the roof.
Bruce pulled it up and turned his back to me obviously looking for something.
I heard a woosh and suddenly I was on the ground again.
"What is with people" I said
"Nightwing it's okay" Bruce said
"A blue robin now" the guy said he had black hair and wore a mostly black suit with a blue V shaped figure on his chest. Down his arms and to his middle and ring fingers on both hands were more blue stripes. Behind him I saw two sticks peaking up. He grinned at me with a perfect smile.
"He's not robin" Bruce said "his name is Percy and he should be in bed"
"Oh Batman you let me stay up" he said
"That's different"
"Not really" he said "I'm Nightwing."
"I'm Robin." I said
Bruce frowned at this.
"You're not robin" he said "Nightwing I need to finish patrol take him back and then I'll talk to you later"
"Sure thing" Nightwing said before hopping a gap to a different roof.
I paused and looked at my guardian.
"Why can't I be robin" I asked
"It's dangerous" he answered
"Alfred let you be batman" I said
"Ask him then!" Nightwing called
"Go home Percy" Bruce growled
I ran off to Nightwing who was waiting in the shadows.

"Has he showed you anything" The tall dark haired guy asked when we got back. "My name's Dick by the way"
He tugged off the mask he wore to reveal bright blue eyes that twinkled with a mischievous glint.
"He's showed me a few self defense moves" I said "I'm Percy"
"Show me what you've got Percy" Dick said walking to the mat. Before I could even get my feet set he jumped at me and knocked me to the ground with one easy push.
"Hey I wasn't ready!"
"The bad guys aren't gonna wait for you to be ready" Dick said coming at me again
I used one of the maneuvers. I rolled behind him kicked his knees and tried to yank him down but he didn't fall.
"It didn't work" I said frowning
"Yeah but I saw it coming." He said "Try this" he showed me a couple other moves until I interrupted.
"I like using the bars" I said
"Okay" Dick answered "let's see if your any good"
I chose one that felt balanced. I took a defensive position and Dick attacked. He swung trying to break my guard. I swung at his legs and he jumped up he used the momentum of the jump to bring the bar down hard on my shoulder.
"Owww" I whined
He kept attacking before I regained my balance. He attacked me immediately giving me multiple bruises. I finally started blocking again and I did land one hit on him.
"What are you doing" Bruce demanded
Dick who was in the middle of a swing got distracted and went off aim. The last thing I saw was the pole going to my head.

"I wasn't going hard but I was not going easy" someone said "he's a natural"
My head cleared and I realized Dick was talking.
"I know I have done a few things with him." Bruce said
"Why can't he be robin" Dick asked
"I can't put that on him" Bruce said "he just lost his mom"
"You trained me" Dick said
"I don't know Dick"
"I could show him some things in acrobats" Dick said "you could do everything else"
I groaned
"You could take him up to his room" Bruce said "he's starting school tomorrow"