Chapter 7

I still had to go to school. When I was asked about my cuts I just pinned it on tripping. The one teacher would still stare at me. Only me because Annabeth didn't show up this year. I only really had one friend. He started coming at the beginning of this year. He had curly brown hair and usually wore a hat.
"Percy" he called as I walked towards the car.
"What's up Grover" I asked
"You left your book" he said
He held it out to me and I took it.
"Thanks" I said "do you want to see if you could come over?"
"Sure"
We walked together to the car. Alfred sat in the drivers seat waiting.
"Could Grover come over Alfie" I asked
"I don't think so" he said "Master Bruce has something planed for you today"
"Okay" I said "see you Monday Grover"
"See ya" he called

I swung from the pole flipping and rolling to a stop.
"Try to stick your landing if your not to high up" Dick said "if you roll then you take extra time to get to your feet, but remember if your high you need to roll otherwise you'll break bones."
I tried again. I landed on my feet after stumbling a step. I did this until I got ten good landings in a row.
"Here" Dick tossed me a device that I recognized as a grappling hook "swing from each bar to the next"
I took aim and swung up. The next one was sloppy and the third was way off I fell to the ground. I continued like this until i finally made it to the right bar.
"Not bad" Dick said
"That was awful" I said
Bruce would have probably made me more but he had a work trip so Dick was watching Gotham.
"Dick?"
"Yeah Perce?"
"Why did you go to Blüdhaven?"
"Well..." he looked at me "We'd better eat dinner and then go on patrol."
We ate silently. I just didn't want to break the silence.
"Suit up Percy" Dick said "we'll be back no later than one Alfred"
"What why?" I asked we usually stayed up later.
"It's a school night." He said
"You sound like Bruce" I grumbled
We went down to the cave. I got ready. Pulling my shirt on and everything else. I clipped my utility belt into place.
Dick wasn't wearing his usual outfit. He was dressed in Bruce's.
"Why" I started
"Why let people know Bruce is gone" he said
We jumped from rooftop to rooftop. Dick suddenly pulled me behind a ledge. He put his fingers to his lips.
"Don't worry boss" a man said "we got him"
I realized this was the man that attacked me with the rings.
"Good" a smooth voice said "meet me at the safe house I need to make a stop"
Dick frowned.
The sound of two cars slowly disappeared. We ran off after one of them.
"Who was that" I asked
"It's not good" Dick said "I need to tell Bruce."
He frowned even more when Bruce didn't answer.
"Who was that" I asked again nearly tripping on a ledge.
"It was" he paused "Harvey dent"
"Who's-"
"Come on we have to follow him"
___________________________
Please vote and comment to let me know what you think. Any suggestions you can comment or message me.