Doctor.. Tancredi

Rebekah's pov

Rebekah's pov

I can hear the faint sound of a voice yelling and soon there are more rushed voices in the not too big room. I have no idea how long I had been lying here but as soon as I open my eyes, all the pain's right back.. My vision's too blurry to make the faces out, but I can see a few COs, two trying to help me up. As they realize I'm not able to stand, not even with their help, one swiftly lifts me up and carries me. My vision starts to faid again, the voices getting smaller and smaller. Soon we're in the prison, some part I haven't seen before I think.. One of the COs is calling for some doctor, saying I really needed help. I get laid down on a doctors chair and I can make out the outlines of a woman with light brown hair before everything's black again.

As I open my eyes I can immediately hear someone calling for me. "Ms Briston? Hey, Briston? Sara I think she's awake now." Some unfamiliar female voice says. "Thanks Katie." The woman so called Sara replies. "Hey, Rebekah? I'm Sara." She states and I look to my right, my vision now clear again. "How are you feeling?" She asks then and touches my arm gently. "What happened?" I ask weary, looking around. "You've been found on the floor of a shed, that was like an hour and a half ago. You bled from your bottom lip and had several other bruises." She says and stands up to sort some stuff. "Rebekah, you need to tell me what happened." She says now turning to me again. "This obviously was an attack and you know you can't deny it.. So who did this to you?" She asks, gesturing to my face and body. "I don't know." I lie, hoping she'd just buy it and stop trying to get into my shit. No offense, but this really isn't any of her business. She lets out a breath of a laugh, then looks at me again. "Rebekah, you know I can help you, this isn't the place for a woman like you and-" My laugh cuts her off.
"Not a place for a woman like me? This isn't a place for no woman at all to be honest but despite that fact, what do you think you know about me Dr. .." I take a quick look at the little tag with her name "Tancredi." I finish as silence falls over us for a moment. She studies my face for, hell, I don't know.. "I read your file.." She simply replies like it's the window to a humans soul.. "Oh.. well then.." I say sarcastically with a scoff, then sigh. I bite my bottom lip in a habit and regret it in the same moment. "Look, I don't mean to make any bad blood here -I gesture between us- as it seems that I have enough "friends" already.. It's just...complicated." I say and she gives me a sympathetic look again. "I understand, but, look I wanna help you here, prevent something like this from happening again.." She says and I laugh a little. "Sorry.." I say cuz this is pretty bad behavior, considering that she really just wants to help. "But this isn't something you can prevent from happening in any way.. If I'd tell you the names it would do nothin for me but make this whole shit a lotta worse." I say and she lets out a sarcastic laugh. "Worse than getting beaten the shit out of?" She asks and there is no humor or anything in her voice. "Yeah, this was nothing." I say honestly and the underlying of sad trueness doesn't go unnoticed. Her brown eyes flicker over the pinkish scar on my cheek and I can see a new glow of sadness in them as they meet my blue ones. I smile sadly as I try to get up but get immediately stopped by her. "You can't go now." "But I have to." I say with pain in my voice, realizing that she's right. "You'll stay at least till tomorrow." She says confident. "I'm going tonight." I say, positioning myself a little better. "Why?" She asks simply and it catches me a little off guard. "Because." I say, locking eyes with her. She sighs, realizing that her words won't change anything.. "Your stubbornness will get you killed in here sooner or later." She shakes her head while walking over to her desk.
"Hopefully." I mutter and laugh to myself as she gives me a glare.
"Final cell close is at 10 pm every night. It's already past 7..why not just wait and rest? Your body has been through a lot today, if not doing it for me then do it for yourself. Really, it would be the best."    "If only you knew.." I mutter, fiddling with a long strand of my blonde hair. "Hm?" She asks and I just shake my head at her so she walks out of the room.. Guess I will be having even more trouble tomorrow..... I think to myself as I lie down fully and turn to my right side with a long sigh.

A/N: soo, chapter's relatively short but I just wanted to publish smth right now.. like always, tell me what chu r thinkin guys 💋 leave a vote if you liked it