Chapter 13

Ada currently sat on the kitchen counter in the lab as her and Tony watched the Tv. Tony was clutching the screwdriver in his hand extremely tightly as he modified the suit's gloves.

"The 15-mile hike to the outskirts of Gulmira can only be described as a descent into hell, into a modern day Heart of Darkness," the reporter spoke as the gauntlet would hum as Tony's anger grew. "Simple farmers and herders from peaceful villages have been driven from their homes, displaced from their lands by warlords emboldened by a new-found power."

Tony's face was filled with disgust and anger as he watched on.

"Villagers have been forced to take shelter in whatever crude dwellings they can find in the ruins of other villages, or here in the remnants of an old Soviet smelting plant."

The glove started to hum as the light in the center of the palm grew larger. It then showed refugees on the TV with gunshots filling the air. Ada's jaw clenched in horror at the scene. The gauntlet's humming grew even louder.

"Recent violence has been attributed to a group of foreign fighters referred to by locals as the Ten Rings. As you can see, these men are heavily armed and on a mission. A mission that could prove fatal to anyone who stands in their way."

Tony stood when he saw the Ten Rings using his weapons.

"Um...Dad? Isn't that you kidnapped you?" Ada asked.

He nodded.

"With no political will or international pressure, there's very little hope for these refugees."

Tony threw the screwdriver he had previously been holding on the counter.

"Around me, a woman begging for news on her husband, who was kidnapped by insurgents, either forced to join their militia..."

Tony then lifted his hand and fired towards the lab tables, causing the ceiling lights to fall and spark. He stood marveling at what he had done. Ada looked up from the ball she had curled into to see what had happened. Her eyes widened at the scene before her.

"Desperate refugees clutch yellowed photographs, holding them up to anyone who will stop. A child's simple question, 'Where are my mother and father?' There's very little hope for these refugees, refugees who can only wonder who, if anyone, will help."

Tony stood and turned towards the glass panels of the stair case and fired at all three, shattering each one.

"Woah," Ada muttered. "Not a weapon my ass."

----------------

After Tony was suited up in the improved suit, he took off to wherever the Ten Rings had stored Stark weapons.

"Ada? You keeping an eye on everything?" Tony asked.

"Um, yeah," Ada responded as she stared at the computer screen with her headset on. "You're got a situation going on right now, seems like they've got the men cornered and ready to shoot them."

"Got it," Tony responded.

He landed in the middle of the chaos. Everyone paused to look at him. He stood up slowly. A man tried to shoot at him, but Tony just punched him in the gut and sent him flying. He then turned to fire at three more, but as he turned for more, they had guns pointed at th civilians heads.

"Dad, you have small missiles on your shoulders, use them," Ada advised.

He lowered his arms.

"Six threats, locking the targeting system on all," Ada confirmed.

Tony then fired at all six, sending them tumbling to the ground. A small boy broke free from his mother to hug his father. Tony then walked away to find the leader of this operation.