Chapter 16

Pepper and the agents walked cautiously through Section 16. They opened the door and it let out a creak. The agents all had their guns at the ready. As they passed several machines, they finally stumbled upon a suit.

"Looks like you were right. He was building a suit," Agent Coulson pointed out as they all,surrounded it.

"I thought it'd be bigger," Pepper commented.

The rattling of chains brought her attention to behind her. Pepper walked back and saw several broken chains and sparking wires hanging from the ceiling. The agents then spread out as they looked around the area.

Pepper came across more chains and further inspected it as they continued to rattle. Suddenly, two lights shone that were like Tony's suit's eyes. Pepper darted away as it rose to its full height. She ran to the agents with the suit hot on her tail.

The agents shot at it, but it was unfazed. It smashed some of the machines and chased after Pepper as she continued to run. The suit was only stopped by quickly door frame.

-----------------

Tony flew above the city as he made his way to Stark Industries.

"How do you think the Mark One chest piece is going to hold up?" he asked.

"The suit's at 48% power and falling, sir. That chest piece was never designed for sustained flight," JARVIS responded.

"Keep me posted," Tony ordered. "Ada, where are you?"

"Rhodey is taking me to Stark Industries," the teen spoke over her headset.

"What? No, I need you safe," Tony stated.

"Dad, I'm already here, just get your ass here," Ada spoke snarkily.

-----------------

Pepper was outside when a voice spoke over her ear phone.

"Pepper!"

It was Tony.

"Tony! Tony, are you okay?" she questioned.

"I'm fine. How are..."

"Obadiah, he's gone insane!" she interrupted.

"I know," Tony responded. "Listen, you'd better get out of there."

"He built a suit."

"Get out of there right now!"

Obadiah in his suit broke through the ground and came behind Pepper, just as Ada arrived. Ada skidded to a stop as she stared at the gigantic suit.

"Where do you think you're going?" he taunted. "Your services are no longer required."

He pulled out a gun, and Ada's eyes went wide in horror.

"Dad, get here quick," Ada whispered into her headset.

"Stane!"

She looked to the sky to see her father flying in. Obadiah had already been firing his gun, but Tony flew into him and drove him through the ground, into the lab, and, somehow, on a highway. Ada tried to catch her breath before looking through her virtual reality on her headset to see what was going on. She saw that Obadiah had picked up a car with a family in it.

"I love this suit!" Obi yelled triumphantly.

"Put them down!" Tony ordered.

"Collateral damage, Tony," Obadiah heaved the car over his head.

"Divert power to chest RT," Tony spoke.

"On it!" Ada responded.

The chest reactor glowed before firing at Obadiah sending him flying back into another car and dropping the one he had.

"Power reduced to 19%," JARVIS informed as Tony grunted in pain.

He gently set the car down, but she slammed on the gas pedal and drove with Tony on the hood as they rammed into things..

"Lady!" Tony screamed.

He slid off the hood, and he was ran over. He saw Obadiah flying towards him as he lay on the ground. Tony stood only for Obi to grab a motorcycle and hit him with it, causing Tony to hit another car. People ran and screamed to escape the chaos.

"Dad! He's about to-" Ada started, but Obi kicked Tony.

He picked Tony up.

"For 30 years, I've been holding you up!" Obi than three him onto the ground. "I built this company from nothing!"

He stepped on Tony before picking him up again.

"Nothing is going to stand in my way."

He threw Tony into a bus.

"Least of all you!" he fired a missile at the bus, causing it to explode.

Tony was sent flying up into the air, but began to hover before he could hit the ground.

"Impressive! You've upgraded your armor! I've made some upgrades of my own!" he then blasted off like a rocket.

"Since when can he fly?" Ada raised an eyebrow.

"Sir, it appears that his suit can fly," JARVIS commentated.

"Duly noted. Take me to maximum altitude," Tony retaliated.

"With only 15% power, the odds of reaching that..."

"I know the math! Do it!"

"Dad the last time we did that you almost died," Ada interrupted through her headset.

"Ada, I fixed it. I'll be fine," Tony assured.

"Sir, you're not going to believe this. That thing is back."

"Ada what is that?" Tony questioned.

"I may or may not have hacked into the air force and get to hear what their doing," Ada chuckled nervously.

"Ada!"

"Get me Major Allen. Scramble the jets!"

"Not necessary, people. Just a training exercise."

"Thank you Rhodey!" Ada smiled. 

"Next time don't hack into the military," Tony chided.

Ada watched with Pepper as both Tony and Obi flew up high into the air.

"Thirteen percent power, sir," JARVIS stated.

"Climb!" Tony yelled.

"Eleven percent." 

"Keep going!"

"Seven percent power." 

"Ada get JARVIS to just leave it on the screen! Stop telling me!"

Ada pressed a few buttons and got the AI to be quiet.

"Dad, your not going to be able to make it," Ada worried.

Obi grabbed Tony's foot and dragged him down. He had Tony by his throat.

"You had a great idea, Tony, but my suit is more advanced in every way!" Obadiah prided.

"Hey, Obi, it's Ada! Yeah, I hacked into your suit. Quick question: how'd you solve the icing problem?" Ada joked as she spoke into the villian's suit.

"Icing problem?" he replied as his suit shut down.

"Might want to look into it," Tony hit him on the head, causing him to plummet towards the ground.

"Two percent," JARVIS spoke as Tony began to fall. "We are now running on emergency backup power."

Tony got burst of energy from his repulsors, which, thankfully, got him to the ground safely.