Chapter Four

**Picture of James Taylor (Young Chris Evans)**

He entered the classroom, still with the dampened tissues in hand as he quietly asked Matthew to leave

He entered the classroom, still with the dampened tissues in hand as he quietly asked Matthew to leave. Matthew Storm, Suspect #4 was leaving for his interview. In the classroom that Matthew had just left, more and more tension built up as more and more people had been interrogated and ended up in depressed states. Tia was still shaken up and Blake was still sobbing in the corner, and Lyra still hadn't shown any empathetic emotion at all. Anyway, back to the story. Matthew Storm sat down in front of Investigator Squalor. "State your name." She said harshly and impatiently. He just smirked cheekily at her as he was about to answer. "Matthew Storm, ma'am," he said, as you could hear his thick accent as he spoke.

"Listen, don't try this, OK? It was meant to be my day off, so don't try to pull anything. Here is my first couple of questions, so listen carefully. Where were you before school? What was your relationship with Emma? What did you see when you arrived? And finally, do you have any other information that I could be needing to hear?" He just nodded hastily and started compiling his extensive list of answers for the extensive list of questions he just had hurled at him. "Well, before school I was at footy practice with James, and he can prove it- since 5 am I was stuck in training, then I came back here to see this controversy unfold. Emma was- let's just say she was unique. Very unique. We didn't talk much, except when I needed help in class. And surprisingly wasn't that often. We weren't nice or mean to each other, we both just- existed in the same space." He stopped talking to take a breath and then he continued. "When I left training, James was still helping Coach Jones with packing up the gear. So, I left a bit earlier than usual. I got there to see Lyra and Blake arguing, and Emma on the floor- no signs of breathing. Other information, that may be needed is that I saw two people whisper to Emma's body. Cole and Rose. Both indeed seemed a bit strange, of whispering to a dead, or maybe dead body." He said taking another big breath then finally stopped talking. 

Esme just nodded as she once again wrote down her finding from the specific suspect. "That is all, thank you. Can you get Rose out here?" She asked tiredly but still quite pleasant.

Matt nodded with a grin on his face and started walking away. "WAHOO! My interview is over. Rose, it's your turn." He said as she didn't answer or start leaving. Rose had headphones at full blast, so it was surprising that no one could indeed hear it. She couldn't hear what the previous suspect was saying to her. So, she just rolled her eyes in disgust. Of Matthew's existence probably. "Rose?" He asked once more. Before he rudely ripped out on side of her headphones. "What do you want? I was just listening to Panic! At the Disco's new album." She said quietly as she hissed at them. 

"It's your turn, freak." He said nastily back. She hissed at him and simply said, "That is rich coming from you, Birdbrain." She got up from her seat, a little mad at Matthew for being the bloody twat he was. Anyway, that's unimportant news, but it needs to be mentioned if I am gonna tell the story right. Rose Dream, suspect #5 of this bloody long investigation walked up to the 'investigation table' and sat down before the tired and bored looking lady. On a completely unrelated note, it had taken 4 hours of Esme's time to interrogate 5 suspects. Anyway, where was I- oh, yes; "Rose Dream, I will ask only a few questions to start with, OK? So, tell me where were you before school? And is it true you whispered something to the body?" She sighed, pushed her long black hair out of her eyes, then she got on with answering. "I arrived at school when the first bell, so I ran to class, which is on the other side of the school, from where my bus drops me off. And I did whisper to Emma. But that was because I have known her for 5 years and we are good friends. I told her that 'It will all end up fine. I can feel it in my bones.' Are there any other questions you have for me?" Esme kept writing down every single word that was said.

"What did you see when you got to class, what happened after you arrived?" She asked the suspect as she looked up from her little notebook and Rose's school file. "I saw Emma on the floor. A crowd of people, Blake, Lyra and James all at the front, arguing with each other. And that was about it. Well, Tia pushed me to the ground, as she tried to get inside a little too desperately. James turned up to class late, which seems a little suspicious. Cole was less cheerful than usual, and he also whispered to the body, apparently. Maria and Braxton seem like their normal selves. Lyra and Tia also seemed a little suspicious. Blake seems depressed, as are myself and Cole. We were all good friends, but I am getting off topic. Matthew seems more obnoxious than usual, and is that all you need?" Esme just hummed and let Rose leave. It was obvious that Esme was getting sick of interrogating teenagers, who are all giving her the same information. Esme got up and walked into the classroom. "I am going to have lunch. I will come back and get someone else out here." She left, and everyone started conversing. Some people brought their bags inside, and they also got on with eating their lunch.

**TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY A LAZY AUTHOR AND AN ANNOYED INVESTIGATOR**

After a very long supervised lunch, all Nine suspects were still miserable. As they waited for the Inspector to get her lunch, the suspects, sat in the classroom eating their food in complete silence. Each member of the suspected party ate their different meals in silence until Maria decided to break the ice. She cleared her throat and abruptly stated. 

"I get it. We are all being accused of murder. But, why be so quiet about it? I also get that, she was close to our hearts, and one of us just left her for dead. What good people are we, huh. Leaving one of our own to die, like savages? Who. Who could be so... so cold-hearted??" Braxton, for the first time since the murder, actually spoke up. "Just, Shut up Maria!" He fumed. "You don't have to be such a bitch about it. We get it. But, you don't have to make us all sound like vindictive villains. Only one of us hurt her. So, stop taking it out on all of us. We're all scared. We all miss her. So, just give up on the whole 'Hero' act; start acting as though you are a human being and show some fucking empathy." Braxton was seeing red as he clenched his fists by his side, death-glaring Maria. Her face dropped at rapid speed as tears started to build up in her eyes. She stood there in silence, trying to hold back her tears, waiting for someone else to speak up. Esme stormed into the room.

  « ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ »