Chapter Five

**Image of Rose Dream (Young Katy Perry, as shown above)**

"Ok, next person. Meet me outside. Who is gonna Volunteer? There is only like, four of you left." She spat and started to walk out. 

"Let me at it. I am sick of these people." Brax piped up and ran out following behind the private investigator. So, suspect #6; Braxton Rogers was up for interrogation.

"State your name. Then I have some questions for you." Esme scoffed impatiently as she fixed up her hair. It was rather obvious that she was slowly getting sick of dealing with these obnoxious children on her day off. 

"Braxton Rogers. And you may ask your petty questions." He stated bitterly. 

"Where were you when this event unfolded? What did you see when you arrived? What was your relationship with the Victim and your other classmates? Why were you so desperate to have this interview?" Esme spoke quickly, in the hopes of the interview ending quicker. Brax sighed in complete and utter boredom.

"Well, before I start. I just want to say that neither of us wants to be here. So, I will be quick. I am always late to class, but never to school. I sit at the library with a book or 3 and zone out. Apparently, both Blake and Emma were there too. But I didn't see them. When the bell went, I arrived to witness a pack of stupid classmates who were arguing around Emma's body. I just desperately wanted to get inside to block them all out. My relationship with Emma. There wasn't one. We only conversed when it was required and that was not often. The rest of them were stupid as well. I don't like them, and I don't talk to them. Maria tries to talk to me. But to be honest, she is the most annoying human being to exist and I wish she would get the fucking hint. Why I was so desperate to leave was that Maria was being extra irritating, and I lost my shit at her. Plus, you seem a little bit less lame than those dipshits. That all?" He stood up about to leave when Esme called out to him.

"Braxton, thank you. That is all. Can you please get the next suspect out here for me?" Braxton nodded and continued to leave.

"James, it is your go. Time to tell this lady about your mistakes." 

"Brax!" Maria exclaimed trying to stop Brax from offending people.

"Shut up Maria. I told you to shut up." Brax yelled. James sneak out while Maria tried to get Brax to apologize for his stubbornness and sarcasm, but he shrugged it off and continued his book.
James Taylor walked out to the table where Esme Squalor was located. He was officially Suspect #8 of the investigation. Anyway, as soon as he sat down, Esme shot him his questions. 

"State your Name, and your relationship with the Victim. Then I will ask some more questions."

"I'm James Taylor. The. The Ex-boyfriend of Emma Blackwell." He had stuttered quietly, which was very out of character for the school's football captain. 

"Why did you two end your relationship? Apparently, you were at football practice when the whole thing unfolded, according to another source; is this true? What sort of person was Emma Blackwell? According to other sources, it was apparent that Emma had certain issues she was struggling with. Did you know about this?"

"She ended our relationship. Because she caught me making out with Lyra. I was only kissing her because I was struggling. Emma was always too good for me. And Lyra was as fucked up as I was. No one ever expected Emma to be perfect, but she just was. On the other hand; I am nowhere near perfect, but everyone expects me to be. It is hard. It is hard to be perfect. Fuck that, it is impossible to be perfect. I am stressed out with developing anxiety and this, what happened to Emma, is just is the cherry on top. What does this mean? Does this make you think I have an ulterior motive? I was at Footie Practice chatting up Coach to let me take the primary school class to get extra credit. Then I arrived. Blake and Lyra arguing, which I guess you have heard a lot today. Blake called me out for arriving late. Blake absolutely hates my guts for cheating on Emma, and he has never forgiven me since. As I said earlier. Emma was an unexpected overachiever. She was the definition of perfect. Intelligent, Beautiful, Kind and Funny. She managed to keep up three extracurricular activities, learn two instruments, have two jobs and still keep on top of schoolwork. I admire her determination. But now she is sadly fighting for her life. Is there anything else?"

"That shall be all." Esme sighed "You may tell the others that since you and Braxton took too long, that you can grab lunch. I will be back soon."

**TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MARIA TRYING TO GET BRAXTON, HER SENPAI TO FORGIVE HER**

Finally, the students entered the classroom from, their very closely supervised lunch. Mr Gold rushed into the classroom, in complete horror. "Students," He said, completely puffed out from the running he just did. "I have some horrible news, Emma, unfortunately, didn't make it to the hospital, she, well- she passed away in the back of the ambulance. I am sorry, you can have some time." Mr Gold left, leaving a wave of depression behind. The mood suddenly shifted, and it was noticeable. Blake, who was standing at the time, was now on the floor, in tears. Rose tried to approach him kindly, but he shoved her away. "DON'T COME NEAR ME, ANY OF YOU. ANYONE OF YOU COULD BE THE PERSON WHO KILLED MY BEST FRIEND. I CAN NO LONGER TRUST ANYONE." He sobbed. 

Rose moved, quickly to the room's corner and quietly cried. She wasn't as close to Emma as Blake seemed to be, but they were still good friends. James was pacing around the room, regretting life decisions, and obviously in a mess. Cole and Maria were trying to calm down Rose and James, who had gone crazy. Brax, as expected, had his head back into the pages of a book, after his little rant; he had seemed to grow tired of people and decided to go back to what he knew best. Books. He was up to his eighth novel since the start of the interrogative process, in which all the books were reasonably lengthy. With at least 400 pages per book, but that is unimportant news when the topic instead should be about Emma's death. Lyra and Tia got on with their daily business, playing with each other's hair and gossiping. But the only gossip around was all about who killed Emma. 

Matthew, for once was quiet. As in 'quiet-as-a-mouse' quiet. On cue, as always, Esme showed up, just to make matters worse. "Listen, I know all of you are sad and are dealing with grief, on your own terms and your- let's say unique ways. I need to talk to, I think two more people before I have enough information I need to conduct the now murder case." She took a breath and then continued talking. "So, who do I get the pleasure of meeting now?" Everyone was still 'grieving,' when Maria walked towards the Private Investigator.

  « ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ »