Chapter 1

Aiden's POV

As I looked down at my sleeping baby boy, I think back on all that has happened in the last year. It from bringing home my mate, and restoring her memory. To then slaughtering the people who brought her harm, to now being the King of all Kings. To now have the greatest gift a man could ever receive in this world, a child to pass on there name and legacy. Everly and my son are the most important things in my life, I made her a promise when she brought him into this world that I would never let anyone harm her or him. I will protect them till my last breath.

I brush my fingers across his cheek, careful not to walk him up. I leave him be and got to Everly who was sleeping soundly in our bed. She has been up non-stop with him taking care of him. We both have her a little more then me, just because she has to feed him and I cant. She does make sure to leave bottles of milk in the fridge for me to heat up and use for him when she needs to rest. Our parents have been a big help as well taken him when we have business to attend too. We have been ruling now for six months and the kingdoms are at peace. Once a month we all meet at each other's kingdoms to update on everything going on. This has helped improve the lives of many supernatural creatures and relations between different species.

"Aiden." I hear Jackson on the other side of the door.
"It's time to go. Nathan is here for the meeting." I kiss Everly's head and head out with Jackson.

Nathan has come by today to talk about a broader breach that has been continuous for the last month on the north territory of his land. A human has been passing be land every night, and scopes out the land. Nathan has land pattern multiple times because of the human but last night was he last straw when the human left a note. Nathan was in my office with my father, Alexander, and Jacob. They are looking at a map that has been spread across a table that was brought in. Nathan's second in command his little brother Noah was on a computer mapping out defense plans for Nathan.

"This human has crossed the line. I don't how he was even able to find my land." Nathan says worried to me. Jackson hands me the note that was left, and I see why he is so worried.

You hurt my family.
So I will destroy yours.
Watch yourself King Nathan.

"Do you have any idea who this human is?" I ask him. He shakes his head no and looks to his brother.

"Hold on one sec the facial recognition is a little slow." A minute later it goes off like an alarm. "Well I was not expecting that."

"Noah what is it?" I ask.

"His name is Mitchell Ross, he is a convicted hunter under supernatural beings. He was caught raping a mated female vampire, and sentenced to death by the king. But before he was killed, they found him drained dried by a guard who pushed Mitchell over the edge, due to the fact it was his mate that was his mate he raped. His body was disposed of, and that was it. How the hell is a dead man walking?" Noah looks to his brother. Nathan's face gave us all the answer.

"He was turned before his death. Or was giving vampire blood before he was drained, a little will go a long way for someone to turn. I want this man caught and brought to me personally. Jackson send 20 guards to Nathan's land to set up he protection broader." Jackson rushed out of the room. My father and Alexander right behind him, Jacob stayed behind to help Noah with the equipment for the broader protection. "Don't worry Nathan, I will kill him personally. Right now got home to your wife and daughter, and do not let any of your people leave the broader."

Nathan without a second thought left and rushed home. Vampire speed comes in handy for this. Noah stayed behind to help Jacob. I go up stairs to grab more warriors and guards to help.

"Aiden what's going on?" Everly comes out of our room, with our son in her arms.

"We have a problem with a turned hunter on Nathan's land. But we got it covered. How is my big boy doing?" I quickly change he subject so I don't stress her out.

"He is doing fine he woke up in a fit because someone wasn't there when he woke up." She gave me the side eye. "You know we still have to name him it's been four months sense we had him. He needs a name."

"And we will figure one out once I get back. Now you stay with your mom and mine until I get back. I have the protection broader set up already." I kiss her lips hard. "I love you."

"I love you too. Be safe please." She gives me her puppy dog eyes that send me over the edge all the time.

I run down the stairs and meet my men outside and we head off.

Everly's POV

"Mom! Maria!" I yell for them while I walk down stairs with my son close to my chest.

"In the kitchen baby girl." I walk to the kitchen to see both of them and Ceara making breakfast. "Good morning baby girl! How is my little grandson?"

"Still without a name." I say in defeat. "We can't agree on anything. Aiden still wants him named after him, but I want him to have his own identity and not have a shadow on him because he is our son."

"I know baby girl, don't worry you'll find the right one soon." She kisses my head and takes him from my arms so I can eat some breakfast.

"So when do you and Aiden plan to finally get married?" Ceara ask me with excitement.

"When he grows the balls to ask me." I say with a laugh. "And besides I don't care just because we are already bonded for life. So I'm okay if we don't." Ceara was not happy with my answer. We have become very close this last year and is defiantly my best friend.

"My son will probably never ask. He thinks marriage is pointless because you are mates and bonded for life. So it's a good thing you guys are on the same page."

All the sudden there was a large banging on the front door. Upon instincts I grab my son and walk with two guards to the door. They open it and on the outside stands a women wearing a white dress and holding a suitcase.

"Who are you!?" The guard hold up to AR-15 to her head.

"I'm looking for Aiden." She says.

"Why are you looking for my mate?" I say with a growl in my voice.

"I'm his mother."

Oh shit.

© 2018. All Rights Reserved 2018 SSEH1518