Chapter 11

Everly's POV

Aiden and I sat in the dining room alone trying to destress. Both of us couldn't eat, we just stared at our food trying to still digest everything.

"You two looker sadder than a thunderstorm." Aiden and I jumped at the voice that spoke. Turning around we saw Riley and Gabriel standing in the doorway with there kids. Maya came running towards me and jumped into my lap hugging me. Her little giggles made me smile, Michael laughed with his sister as he jumped into Aiden's lap.

"Well look who finally decided to rejoin the real world. How was your vacation?" Aiden smirked at his little brother.

"Yes, Aiden cause helping many pregnant supernaturals around the world is a vacation. Michael that's not your food." Riley pulled the plate away from his son who then began to pout like a toddler.

"It's okay Riley. I can go make some plates for them. Gabriel, can you help?" I turned to Gabriel who was still standing in the doorway. He smiled at me and nodded is head.

"Can I help Aunti Eve?" Maya asked. I smiled at her and said yes, she jumped out of my lap and ran towards the kitchen. Aiden and Riley began to talk and catch up. It was nice having them both home, we know they went away for good reasons but we could not need them home more now than ever. Maya was a bouncing ball of energy next to me as we entered the kitchen, Gabriel wasn't that far behind us laughing at his daughter. The kitchen staff greeted us with smiles and bows as we entered. The head chef Miles smiled as Maya left my side and went to his to watch him make the food. "What are you making?!"

"Well their little lady I am making the high queen's favorite food Italian, would you like to help?" Miles was such a sweet man he was a human who was mated to his werewolf wife, she is a kitchen helper as well her family line has been working for the high royals all their lives.

"Daddy! Can I help them please?!?" Gabriel just laughed and nodded his head yes at his daughter. Miles handed Maya a bowl and began to teach her how to make meatballs from scratch. His wife walks in with her big pregnant belly leading the way, she acknowledged us and went to help Miles and Maya. Gabriel and I decided to sit at the islands bar, to talk and catch up.

"How have you been doing? Jackson has been keeping us updated, but I want to hear it from you." For the first time in a long time, someone besides my mate is seeing how I am. Gabriel could read me better than anyone, he knows that I am not okay. "Everything will be okay. You are the strongest person I know."

"That's the thing Gabriel, I don't want to be strong anymore. I just want to be a mom, I want to just be a mate, and spend my life in peace with Aiden."

I could feel the tears falling down my face, I couldn't control them at this point. All my emotions that have been trapped inside have finally come out. Aiden and I have had to put this wall up to make sure our people know that we are not scared. Truthfully we are scared, we are scared shitless. We don't know what to do, we were thrown into all of this with no choice. We have never had any choice in any of this. Our life has been non-stop chaos sense we were both ten years old. I sometimes wish the moon goddess never choose us, that we never wanted any of this.

"I know you never wanted this but who other then the both of you could do this?" Everly scuffed at him, not knowing how to answer.

"Here you go, your majesty." A maid came up to us and handed us drinks. The maid left and went to the other side of the kitchen. I could sense that they had their eyes on me the whole time. Gabriel reached for the drink but I quickly put my hand over it. The maid flinched at my action, her heartbeat began to race, the sweat began to beat down her face.

"Is there a problem your Majesty?" Grabbing the cup I make my way over to her. She turns to me, her heart was racing, and her face began to turn red. I hold out the cup to her, knowing good and well she will drink this. "Your Majesty?"

"Drink it. You are so eager for me and my brother to drink it that you might want it for yourself. So drink it." The maid reaches her hand out, with her shaky hand she took the glass from me. I watched her every move as she took the glass, then slowly brought it to her lips. With my patience being tested, I finally demand she drink it. "I said drink it. Now."

"I don't feel right drinking something that was made for my queen." She put the glass on the counter, hoping that I would take that answer.

"Oh I'm sorry, but does it look like I care. Now you either drink it, or I will personally remove that fast beating heart of yours." The maid just looked at me, she knew she was caught. "Guards!!" Her eyes became big with freight, before I knew she was knocking me out of the way and running to the door. She was to slow though, the guards grab her just as she runs out the door. Dragging her back in, I grab the cup and slowly make my way over to her. Aiden and Riley rush into the kitchen to see what was going on.

"Now you have 10 seconds to tell me what is in this drink and who made you give it to me before I shove it down your throat." She just kept staring at me with wide eyes, and a scared expression on her face.

"Okay then, 10...9...8...7...6..." with her still not answering as I counted down I nodded my head at the guard who moved to her and ripped her mouth open waiting for me to pour the drink. "5..4...3...2...1" I moved over to her, grabbing her jaw I held it in place as she began to frail around trying to break free. As the liquid almost touched her lips, she finally spoke.

"Thomas!! Thomas made me do it!" The guards dropped her and I dropped the glass in front of her shattering it and making the liquid go every where.

"What is in it?"

"It was a poison that would make you infertile. Thomas wanted to make sure you could never have kids again. He wanted to make sure order and tradition stayed in place." The words left her mouth faster then I have ever heard before. Once finished she began to cry nonstop.

"Take her away. Send the captain to my office immediately."

"Yes your majesty." The guard bowed their heads and dragged the girl out of the kitchen. Aiden moved to my side as I stood in the same place stunned at what she had just said.

"The poison wouldn't have worked." All eyes were on me at this point. "Every time I have good news someone has to ruin it."

"What are you taking about Everly?" Aiden gently grabbed my face and made me look at him.

Taking a deep breath I finally told him what I have been hiding for the last couple days.

"I'm pregnant."

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 SSEH1518