20

.^^ Standard Grimoire ^^

— Teilen —

I found, over the course of a few days, through a ridiculous amount of trial and error, that I was not very skilled at many Druid Magic's.

I could do a lot of Sigil-Magic, because of my stolen Sigils, but I couldn't really do anything else, besides Skinwalking, which I still hadn't tried again, on account of Takl'e deciding I needed my own pelts. Hers were apparently only for trials. I did find out that when I wrote Sigils down, I remembered them afterwards, which was interesting.

Two more weeks later, I finally annoyed someone enough to teach me how to make a Grimoire, which I had been assured was the thing I needed to do first, so that anything I learned would be recorded, and I wouldn't have to learn it repeatedly.

I was a bit confused by the duality of what I'd been told. 'Don't write down your Sigils', and also 'Your Grimoire remembers all your Magic'. Then there was the way Ryan had referred to his magic, 'Both Druidic Arcana and Wild Magic'. That insinuated that they were separate.

Takl'e sighed, and sat in front of me, pointing at the floor of her hut. I sat down on the mammoth-fur rug, and when I went to ask a question, she raised a hand imperiously.

A book floated off the table where she normally sat, and gently set itself in her outstretched palm. She set it in front of me, and raised an eyebrow.

I touched the cover with a finger, wary of it, and discovered it only buzzed softly, not uncomfortably, more as a constant reminder. Her eyes widened, when I picked it up, and it disappeared from my hands, into her own. It gave off more electricity, and she frowned, turning it over as if looking for flaws.

"Sorry, I'm really resistant to most magic. Dwarf Blood." I shrugged.

She frowned, nodding, and set the book in front of me again.

"You don't talk much, do you?" I commented casually, picking up the book, and turning the cover over.

She chuckled softly, and shook her head.

The cover held a small jewel, which I recognized as one Mages used all the time, to hold energy. Not unlike my Marble, but a physical stone, and therefore useful to anyone who touched it, if it was unprotected. The power drawn from it was more potent, however, which was a decent trade off.

The first page was something like a glossary, only in her native tongue, and written with terrible grammar. I decided not to comment on the matter, and instead turned the page, to find a spell I was familiar with. It wasn't Druidic at all, except for the power source being natural, and therefore not disturbing the cosmic order, like normal magic.

I chuckled softly, and turned another, surprised to find a Sigil, explained and recorded faithfully. I placed a hand on it, to see if I could cast it, and nothing happened. The Mage spell worked fine, causing the air to be filled with static for a moment.

She sniffed at the smell of ozone, but didn't comment in any way, so I continued, exploring the contents of the book. Hundreds of Sigils, all written and explained, but none of them worked.

I blinked, making a connection. "Are Sigil's Hereditary? You have to share blood with the author to activate them, unless they're carved in Stone?"