23

.^^ Zed Crystal Ring ^^

— Teilin —

I rushed outside, and pointed all the spores downwards, with a stiff breeze, so they didn't hit the sky-castles. A more directed breeze carried patches of the spores down into the Farlands, each of which would prove quite useful, in my research...

In perhaps the most radical move I'd ever taken, I began to remove the chunks of land that were infected with the Corruption, below us, much the same as I had the lands for my island.

Another was created, easier now that I had already worked out the steps, and the spores from my Mangrove landed in the newly empty craters, taking root and regrowing the plants immediately.

Joanne and Zzzackara landed next to me on my island, and after checking to make sure I was alive, Joanne snapped at me. "What the hell was that? You can't just send out giant trees into peoples houses!!!"

I blinked, and looked at her island, groaning at the sight. Two trees had grown on the Steppes, despite my intervention. "Sorry, I tried to get them all... they're curing the Corrupted Farlands, though, so I'd be thankful, instead of bitching at me." I shrugged.

She looked at them swiftly, then back at me. "Magic trees? What else?"

"I'm stealing the Farlands, and putting them on their own Archipelago, so they can't infect any more land... and so I can do experiments." I grinned.

She rubbed her face tiredly, and shook her head. "Whatever. Do as you like... come on, Z, I think he's just going to do whatever he wants anyway."

The Roc chuckled, and nuzzled my chest swiftly. "I think you're a very bad liar, Teilin. I thank you for trying to help the world be rid of the Corruption."

I shrugged and went back to my work as they hopped off, though I briefly conversed, (if it can be called that,) with the two new Trees on the Island.

They were instructed, very clearly, to only remove Corruption and Poison from living things, and to never expand past their current borders, (equal to one section of the Steppes, the same as a pair of dragon's would have taken,) and to not eat people while they're still alive, unless given permission by me or Gwynn. (You never know.)

The Farlands, once gathered, proved to be far more potent than I'd imagined. The Corruption was denser, stronger, and more prone to physically attack people in the shape of living things, solidifying certain portions of its body to make a skeleton, or sometimes using sticks and old bones to build one that way.

Either way, the spores did nothing except die, when introduced to the island, though they did manage to eat a section of it away, momentarily.

The Island was expanding rapidly, seeing as almost three quarters of the forests on the planet were corrupted. Luckily, I was replacing the forests, sort of, so there would be no loss of hunting or gathering. What plants and animals I could were replaced in the new forests, which quickly removed the evil from their systems, and sent them along their (confused,) ways.

I could only take from this continent, even at this height, so Europe bore my wrathful exuberance, for that and many days after. My research continued, still unable to find a way to cleanse the stronger corruption, found closer to the Portals, but the lesser variant was easily fixed, and returned to the Wild.

The amount of land I now held was minimal, compared to the original amount, and I altered my collection method, now only collecting the Hearts of the Corruption, the more volatile variant of the Ink. The rest was simply allowed to be cured by the Mangroves which sprouted where the hearts used to be, and got to work with businesslike efficiency.