10 | cause i'm dying just to make you see

"Oh fuck," Thomas muttered.

"What's the matter?" Jimmy asked.

They sat next to each other in a booth at Bransons, the local Irish pub.

"Just, look away or something," Thomas whispered through gritted teeth as he stared down at his own shoes. It was way too warm in the pub already; the thick July-heat mixed with the scent of Jimmy's cologne had Thomas stripped to his shirt sleeves. Seeing Philip walk through the door didn't make it any better.

"What are you on about?" Jimmy complained.

Thomas had worked with Jimmy Kent for six months. He had been in love with Jimmy Kent for at least five of those, possibly more. He wasn't really sure anymore. Jimmy, however, didn't show any signs of interest. In fact he often made remarks of how "delicious" Ivy, a PA for one of Thomas's bosses, looked. Instantly Thomas had made a similar comment about Andy Parker, an other PA, even though it wasn't at all true. He simply didn't want Jimmy to hear about his proclivities from anybody else. Jimmy had raised his eyebrows in surprise for a second only to simply answer: "Isn't he a bit too young for you, Thomas?" with a grin. Thomas had shrugged and walked away feeling muddled.

Thomas glanced at Jimmy for a second only to find his eyes keenly following Philip as he made his way through the pub.

"Stop staring!"

"Oh, he looks like a right sod," Jimmy smiled.

Thomas looked at him with a frown.

"Oh, right, sorry," Jimmy said quickly.

When they both looked up again, Philip was walking towards them with a huge smile on his lips. He was impeccably dressed, as usual, in dark corduroy trousers, a cream button-up and an emerald green bowtie around his neck. Jimmy's observation had been fair of course. Philip did look like a right sod. His choice in attire always seemed ridiculous in an every day setting, although to be fair, Thomas himself had been rather smitten with it while they had been together.

"Thomas, dear old chap!" Philip said with a warm smile.

Actually, quite a few things about Philip seemed ridiculous in an every day setting.

"Philip," Thomas plastered on one of his most charming smiles. "Slumming it tonight, are we?"

They sound of Jimmy giggling next to him warmed his heart.

"Ah, you haven't changed I see," Philip still had his smarmy grin. "How are things?"

"Fine."

"Not too conversational tonight, then?" Philip asked. "Oh, but you're busy I see." He cast an insinuating glance over at Jimmy. Poor Jimmy. Poor, innocent, Jimmy who shouldn't ever have to be exposed to Philip's ravenous stare. To Thomas's great surprise Jimmy only smiled, and leaned back in the booth, casually throwing an arm around his shoulders.

"Indeed," Jimmy said sounding rather smug.

"Wonderful, Thomas darling," Philip responded after having composed himself for a second following the sudden sign of actual affection from Jimmy's side. "He's lovely, good for you."

"Isn't he?" Thomas wound his arm around Jimmy's waist and pressed them tighter together as he grinned larger than he'd done in months. He would have to thank Jimmy later.

"You two have a marvelous evening boys, I've got to dash!"

And without further ado Philip sauntered off. When he was once again out of their sight Thomas broke into a sudden laugh, and Jimmy quickly joined in.